·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I have a co-worker with a 2019 sport 1.5 who has complained about this and I thought he was just doing something wrong. My 2018 (sport 2.0 6mt) hasn't done it in my 14 months of ownership and my wife's 18(ex-l 1.5 cvt) never did that in a year and a half. Sounds like he isn't crazy after all...

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be. Since the investigation is only for "18 - "19 Accords makes me wonder what is different/was changed in the newer years.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've experienced this a number of times, once there wasn't even another vehicle anywhere near me.
If you haven't already you should register a complaint with NHTSA... the more complaints they get may force Honda into doing something about the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me and my wife one night coming home with take out food. Gave us whiplash and threw the food off of the backseat and onto the floor! Has also happened a few times on the highway. Interesting here I thought I was the only one experiencing this 😂 now if I could only figure out why my car randomly makes a beep sound inside of the cab….

·
Registered
61 Posts
That beep isn’t random. It’s an alert that a car has moved into radar range and happens when adaptive cruise control is enabled. You should see the a corresponding graphic on the gauge cluster

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport
1 Posts
This has happened to me several times as well. I have noticed that nearly every time (or at least every time that I’ve had the wherewithal to look for a cause) I was driving west as the sun was setting. I imagine this could potentially introduce a significant glare on the sensor making it think something was in front of me that I was in danger of hitting, even though nothing was there. The most jarring example was at the tail end of a long road trip from Los Angeles to Cottonwood and back. Needless to say, my car wasn’t the cleanest. I was just a few miles from home, sitting at a red light, first in a long line of cars beside two more bumper to bumper lanes all waiting for the green light and our turn. Finally, the light turned green and everybody got on the gas. I took off with a bit of hustle as I was eager to get home before dark. I made it through the large intersection and out the other side when my car decided to unnecessarily attempt to save my life from a collision that would not have happened had I been able to continue on. Since I was driving with the intent to accelerate quickly, I was not prepared for the slam on the brakes while my foot was on the gas. My first thought was that the cars coming in hot behind me certainly would not be expecting me to suddenly brake and nearly come to a stop. The cars in the other two lanes quickly caught up and then passed me and I thought for sure I was going to get rear ended. I never took my foot off the gas so when my car let go of the brake, I took off again, this time with a few horns honking behind me. I was actually driving North from that intersection, but there is a very tall, all glass building that was reflecting the sun everywhere. It is my best guess that the building reflected the sun onto my very dirty sensor and nearly caused a multi-car accident. I had some moderate whiplash and I jammed my hand on my steering wheel which was sore for a few days. I had intended to drive to the closest Honda Service Center to report the incident but after finally getting home, I stayed there. Besides being exhausted, the closest Honda was one I refuse to go back to after they severely scratched my car during an oil change and didn’t say anything when they gave me back my car. They did end up taking responsibility and fixing it but there were additional inexcusable problems that have left me no other choice but to just stay away. The thought of now having to drive even further (just a few more miles but I was done for the day) was quickly dismissed and then life carried on. I did mention it at my next regular maintenance reminder at my usual Honda Service Center, but they didn’t seem at all concerned about it and said that if it happens again to bring it in. I feel like it’s the same issue with the speed limit icon when it shows an incorrect speed limit. My car seems to like to pretend that a lot of the roads in LA have a speed limit of 100mph. If I clean the sensor, it tends to then read the correct speed limits. I suppose if there are so many other people that have had similar experiences then perhaps I will add one more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.