2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I purchased a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0 w/navigation last month. At that time I did not get the Honda Care extended warranty. I'm wondering if I should have gotten it. Your thoughts please.

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I feel the basics come down to:

Those who say it's a Honda, you don't need a warranty.

Those who say it's a good idea anyway (or they've had a Honda w/ issues) plus there is a lot of electronics that fail.

I fall into the second camp, especially with the very reasonable pricing from places like Saccucci Honda. I got 84 mo / 80k for $745 with 0 deductible which I felt was very reasonable vs the aftermarket warranty the dealer was pushing on me for several thousand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I purchased a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0 w/navigation last month. At that time I did not get the Honda Care extended warranty. I'm wondering if I should have gotten it. Your thoughts please.

Thanks.
I plan too. You can still buy it from online Honda dealers for way less than your dealer would have wanted.
Check out hyannishondacare.com and saccucci.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,

Thanks.

I would if I could get it from an online dealer at the reduced cost but Florida does not allow online warranty purchase. **** greedy politicians bowing to the money from car dealerships. Honda Care was $2200.00 at my dealership so I said no thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Touring. The 96 month extended Honda care warranty was $1,400 from my selling dealer (South Carolina), zero deductible. There are so many electronics on this car, I felt it was worth it. If it was an LX, I would have passed.
Interesting that Florida does not allow on line purchases. So, if you bought one on line, would the Florida dealer not honor it? A clear restraint of trade in my book. But, wouldn’t surprise me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would if I could get it from an online dealer at the reduced cost but Florida does not allow online warranty purchase. **** greedy politicians bowing to the money from car dealerships. Honda Care was $2200.00 at my dealership so I said no thank you.
Call them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Touring. The 96 month extended Honda care warranty was $1,400 from my selling dealer (South Carolina), zero deductible. There are so many electronics on this car, I felt it was worth it. If it was an LX, I would have passed.
Interesting that Florida does not allow on line purchases. So, if you bought one on line, would the Florida dealer not honor it? A clear restraint of trade in my book. But, wouldn’t surprise me.
That is a reasonable dealer. Only $200 over online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts