2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So Honda has showcased their new hybrid concept, the Insight. It seems to borrow a lot of styling cues from the new Accord and I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think about it. Rumor has it that its supposed to get a combined EPA city/highway rating in excess of 50mpg. I have to admit its a pretty sleek looking hybrid.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Honda has a good chance here to position the next Insight as a Toyota Avalon rival especially during a time that Acura sucks. Already the new Accord is far better than some recent Acura's. When last have any of you seen a new Acura?.... I thought so ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I'd go so far to say Acura sucks but they certainly need to step their game up, if they don't want everyone swapping over to the new Honda's. I mean maybe it would be better if they didn't and due to a lack of sales they switched their focus to Honda, and we could actually get an SH-AWD system in the new Accord :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Depends on the mileage the Insight will have and how heavy it will be due to the extra battery pack and motors. But the overall design looks great and it's in tune with what you'd find in the rest of Honda's lineup, especially those headlights.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The trade of off better power might be weight that we can't get away from. I won't mind that because its going to be in the turns when you shift the weight around that it becomes an issue. For me this is a straight up commuter, nothing more.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well lets hope that its new styling and improved fuel economy, make it more profitable for Honda. In the past seven model years, the Insight has only sold 17,000 cars globally and in the past two years I believe less than 100. Lets hope its released at a better price point as well, because there is plenty of competition in the hybrid segment.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Honda will always be in a better position to sell the Insight because as the years go on, the market that wants the Insight is growing. Honda just got in too early years ago. They just better do the right thing of making it luxurious enough to appeal to people that see it in other similar and higher end car makers. Without that Honda won't be giving themselves a good edge.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this insight meant to be a luxury car? I suppose as it has just been released that we don't really have any idea of its entry price point, or what trim levels Honda plans on offering. If Honda was smart they would instead focus on releasing a phev variant, as I have a feeling it may be too similar to the Civic to really draw in buyers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nicer Looking and May Better MPG then Others , I just didn't enough about the Motor . .
I also would like to see Statements from all the Automobile Builder about How Water is - A -OK , from looking at it I'd say 14 inches Tops

Toyota is Like 7 inches and Poof .. do to the Regenerative Brakes . . anyhow that just My 5 Cents
If after all Your Research the Motor checks out - Then it should be Great !

Think this Time around Honda has brought the Goods - looking at the Others - Toyota also has like 24 Recalls on most Their Hybrid Models . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts