2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don’t like having mine on. Sometimes the orange flash saying brake comes up
And there’s nothing in front of me for miles ! And one time the car hit the brakes for no reason and someone behind me almost hit me ! I wonder if you can permanatley turn it off ! I know you can go into the settings and turn it off. But the orange brake still lights up in the dash, not sure if that TRULEY turns it off. I don’t need a car that brakes for me. Let me do it. Either way when you turn the car off then on again it automatically turns that sensor back on. ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
My ACC has never worked consistently. It lasts for about 50 miles. Been in the shop numerous times and they can’t fix it. I just have to settle with the fact that I have a defective car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the feedback. Looks like I'll be driving my 2000 Accord for another 260K miles. I didn't realize that the sensors reset every time you start the car. Bummer!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine works great. You just got to know how and when to use it and . . . it's limitations. I NEVER run RDM on.
Adding new lights this weekend. Turn signals are sequential, purchased thru Boosted Whips.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I took my wife to the airport the other day and the Lane Keep Assist System failed twice. The road lines on Rt 95 were clearly marked and the car crossed the lines. Weather was clear (no rain or wet roads). No big deal as I had my hand on the wheel and was monitoring cars around me. I was more or less testing the system. I don't do much hwy driving so I don't know if this is normal. The system does however help relieve stress holding the wheel but don't rely on it to stay between the lines. Also the adaptive cruise control will sometimes pick up the vehicle in the next lane and slow you down which is a bit annoying. Overall it is still a nice system. I am sure as this technology ages it will improve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control

I consistently use my Cruise control and have been having the problem when a vehicle goes into the turning lane my car just about stops, so far no one has been close enuff to hit me. I complained to the service adviser in charge he and they test drove the car and said they couldn't duplicate the situation. Apparently there is something not right with many complaints about this!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Honda Sensing LKAS can also stop or “fail” if the lane curvature is too sharp (to prevent the car from veering off - it’s actually by design I believe). This might be what some are interpreting as a fail. Also if the lane markings are weak it won’t pick it up. As for the automatic braking while overly aggressive at times I’d rather that than have nothing. It’s reassuring to know that the watchful eye of the camera has your back if you didn’t notice something and react quickly enough - can happen to anyone. These systems aren’t perfect and will improve but it’s a significant improvement designed to reduce human error injury and possibly even death!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts