2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car a little over a 3 weeks ago and the HondaLink app had been working fine however since the 10th the Range and Odometer readings haven’t updated. It does update the Parking reminder and I can unlock/lock it and I can start it from the app. Any ideas, I did go into the HondaLink app on the infotainment system and it said my phone was connected so it looked like it should be working still. The only other change I made that might have some impact is turning on the AT&T hotspot which I notice for some reason prevents The infotainment system from getting to the update server to check for updates, however if I turn the hotspot off and switch back to WiFi it can check for updates again.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Mine hasn't updated since the 10/7 which is the day before I had the safety recall done. Not sure what to do to fix this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just deleted the data from the app, signed in, and reconnected to the car. This worked for the Accord, however, I didn't have any luck with my Wife's Pilot. I can't seem to reconnect it in the HondaLink app, regular Bluetooth connection works fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't realize there was an app....so much for my dealer explaining the car to me at delivery. Does the trial version allow anything useful? Mostly interested in remote lock and remote start capabilities. Guess I can pay the $110 and always cancel.

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
I didn't realize there was an app....so much for my dealer explaining the car to me at delivery. Does the trial version allow anything useful? Mostly interested in remote lock and remote start capabilities. Guess I can pay the $110 and always cancel.
Check HondaLink to see all the specifics/features. You can download the app via Google Play (Android) or App Store (iPhone). If I remember correctly when I was setting up HondaLink in the car it directed me to get/download the app.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The remote start is nice as it works from anywhere so I use it often when I'm far enough away I'm sure my keyfob won't reach and I can't see the car to verify. The remote lock/unlock is less useful as i have it lock on walking away and if i remote unlock it will only stay unlocked for something like 30 seconds so if the person you unlocked it for takes longer than that they tell you it didn't work. I really like being able to lookup a place in the app and send it to my navigation though. I just hope I'm able to get the range and odometer working again without breaking the rest of the features which work fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
TLDR: One phone, USB plug-in, and check the head unit settings.

I had this issue persistently happening on two different phones and I think I figured out the solution - at least I think I did. I may over-complicate things, but I have two phones that connect to the car; one is an iPhone that I use for phone purposes (calls and texting) the other is a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I found that if I had the app on multiple phones, nothing would update. So, I deleted it and kept it only on one phone at a time. That didn't seem to be reliably helpful, so then I started to track if there were any circumstances where the app updated versus not. I found that it was most reliable on my iPhone 8 Plus and if the data did not update, I would restart my phone (which I tend to do at least a couple times a week anyway) and plug it in to the USB in the car rather than just VIA bluetooth. If you go in to the HondaLink settings on the head unit and check to make sure it's pushing data (I forget the actual term), it seems to be reliable. I've gone about 2 weeks and 1,500 or so miles with the app updating correctly. Sorry if this is long and complicated!

·
Registered
23 Posts
TLDR: One phone, USB plug-in, and check the head unit settings.

I had this issue persistently happening on two different phones and I think I figured out the solution - at least I think I did. I may over-complicate things, but I have two phones that connect to the car; one is an iPhone that I use for phone purposes (calls and texting) the other is a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I found that if I had the app on multiple phones, nothing would update. So, I deleted it and kept it only on one phone at a time. That didn't seem to be reliably helpful, so then I started to track if there were any circumstances where the app updated versus not. I found that it was most reliable on my iPhone 8 Plus and if the data did not update, I would restart my phone (which I tend to do at least a couple times a week anyway) and plug it in to the USB in the car rather than just VIA bluetooth. If you go in to the HondaLink settings on the head unit and check to make sure it's pushing data (I forget the actual term), it seems to be reliable. I've gone about 2 weeks and 1,500 or so miles with the app updating correctly. Sorry if this is long and complicated!
That is exactly what happened to me. I had my iPhone connected as a hotspot and my Note 8 plugged in for Android Auto. The HondaLink app is on the iPhone but not on the Note 8. As soon as I disconnected the Bluetooth from on the Note 8 and connected the iPhone, it updated. I’m going to try to add the HondaLink to the Note 8 and log in on that device to see if I can have both connected and still sync.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a call back from HondaLink support today saying the developers are aware of the issue with the odometer and range information not updating and that they are working to try to identify a solution but don't have a timeframe yet as to when a fix might be available.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have this happen a few time. I make sure my phone is in my car while starting. I dismiss the message, tap the icon stating I'm ok and it updates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts