2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just did the Hondata flashtune on my 1.5 Accord LX. Took the turbo to 6psi. The results are great! I think I may need to get stickier tires now...

As you've probably read, the biggest gains are in low-end torque, but I've also noticed more power and greatee response higher speeds as well, between 60 - 80 mph. The shop that did the flash said I should also notice better gas mileage, if I stop driving so fast all the time.

Some things I couldn't learn from researching online:

1. You don't have to purchase a Hondata flashtune unit for over $600. A licensed shop (from Hondata website) has their own unit that will flash your ECU for $350 plus labor ($85.) My guys said I could come back anytime if there are updates and they would update me for free! If you are like me and afraid to mess with the ECU by yourself, this was a great option to have. Shop will also set back to stock for free.

2. My guy said that the tune works when the 1.5 transmission is set to Sport instead Drive, but I have noticed gains in power in Drive as well, especially at high speeds.

3. Running higher octane makes a big difference. I put 94 in for the day I went to get flashed, and everything just seems smoother, including less turbo lag.

All in all, an easy way to make the 1.5 even more fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question. I didn't really research the Ktuner. I saw more data out there from people with Hondata tunes. I would be interested to hear about the 1.5 Ktuner tune, since I didn't come across anyone that had done it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts