2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a couple questions because I am all kinds of confused about how the driving modes are acting after I upgraded to Stage 2 Hondata.

My Accord has both Econ and Sport and then What I believe to be normal which for this thread is neither selected. Obviously before the flash they did what they did. Now after the flash I am confused at what is going on. If I understand it correctly, ECON is now what used to be Normal and Sport is Boosted Stage 2 Flash. If that is the case what is the in between setting when neither ECON or Sport are selected?

On another note I understand there is a way to load two flashes so you can downgrade to stock without a laptop. Has anyone had success doing this and is there a highlevel tutorial somewhere on how to do that. I know you have to load both calibrations but I am not sure at that point what is happening or how to revert with just the dongle.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may have answered my own question through deductive reasoning. I believe that Econ and Normal are the same and Sport is now the new Stage 2 setting. Pretty sure nothing else has changed but I would like for someone to confirm for me if they can.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Hopefully your assumption is correct but to validate it you may want to check w/Hondata… from what I've heard they have been very responsive in responding/answering questions/concerns for their customers.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My normal driving mpg hasn't changed when I am not in sport mode. I am 80% city so I don't get on it much and I have only had for a week so I can't give you much feedback other to say the limited spirited driving I have been doing hasn't changed the mileage at all. But these are quick jaunts off the line for maybe a couple hundred yards here and there.

· Registered
136 Posts
My normal driving mpg hasn't changed when I am not in sport mode. I am 80% city so I don't get on it much and I have only had for a week so I can't give you much feedback other to say the limited spirited driving I have been doing hasn't changed the mileage at all. But these are quick jaunts off the line for maybe a couple hundred yards here and there.
That is good to know, cant drive a Honda if you didn't try to beat everyone off the line ;p
I appreciate the info, my driving is mostly city and then woodsy backroads (y)

· Registered
97 Posts
You need a laptop to flash back even though you may have both stage 2 tune and stock tune in the slots. Eco normal boost pressure
Normal mode adjusted boost pressure and throttle response sport mode: holy fawwwk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.