2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a Hondata stage 2 tune on my 6 speed manual. Otherwise all stock for the engine. I notice when I’m cruising in 4th, low RPM (2000), and roll on the throttle, I have small surges in power. Looking at the torque curve provided by Hondata, that makes sense.

Light Slope Rectangle Font Line

When I look at KTuner’s published torque curve, it is much smoother.

Font Slope Urban design Technology Circle

Question 1: can someone explain to me why Hondata’s curve is so jumpy?
Question 2: for those with the KTuner and a manual transmission, is the power delivery as smooth as the graph makes it appear?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Your taking two different current with different scales and trying to compare them which you just can't do. Furthermore neither are from your vehicle, or even the same vehicle, making them, making then even less useful. You cannot tell that one curve is smoother from the other based on the graphs provided and the different scales they're both in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Respectfully, I don’t understand your comment. The x-axis for both graphs is RPM. The y-axis for both graphs is lb-ft. The scale is slightly different for the x-axis, but nowhere before peak torque does the k-tuner drop 20 lb-ft of torque, whereas the graph says that Hondata does.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Respectfully, I don’t understand your comment. The x-axis for both graphs is RPM. The y-axis for both graphs is lb-ft. The scale is slightly different for the x-axis, but nowhere before peak torque does the k-tuner drop 20 lb-ft of torque, whereas the graph says that Hondata does.
You can clearly see they are not to scale without even reading anything. Hondata is displaying the same information broken up into hp and tq individually. Ktuner shows all information in the same place over a wider area. You also don't know correction factors used ect. Again your comparing two different vehicles as well. Furthermore you can't compare two types of dyno machines. One company uses a dynojet and the other is using a mustang Dyno I believe. Nothing your seeing in these Dyno graphs can be used to make to comparisons you are making. You need to log your own vehicle and see what the issue is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, I respectfully disagree. Both graphs show torque vs RPM. Both graphs have a linear RPM scale and linear torque scale. Yes, the cars are different and yes the dyno machines are different, but that shouldn’t result in a radically different curve. It is the same engine in the same model car after all. They should be comparable, though not taken as gospel truth.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Again, I respectfully disagree. Both graphs show torque vs RPM. Both graphs have a linear RPM scale and linear torque scale. Yes, the cars are different and yes the dyno machines are different, but that shouldn’t result in a radically different curve. It is the same engine in the same model car after all. They should be comparable, though not taken as gospel truth.
Roflmao! You can keep disagreeing all you want doesn't change the facts. Doesn't matter if it's the same engine ect different Dynos measure differently and you also have no idea what correction factor used. Besides that any two year old can clearly see the graphs are on a different scale. Respectfully you need to go learn more about how dynos and scaling work before continuing to respond to this conversation. Your doing yourself an injustice otherwise. Bye now cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts