2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As everyone knows, the Accord's trunk is cavernous. How is everyone organizing their trunks so items don't roll around like bowling balls?

I know they sell the cargo net. I can't believe you need to install the anchors... I'm surprised they did not pre-install them (most of the cars I've owned in the past had them pre-installed). My CR-V has the rings pre-installed so the net just clips on at each corner.

I also see they sell a trunk organizer that collapses, but I believe that too needs to be installed... also the trunk tray/drawer needs installation...

Also, what are the other anchors on either side (midway up the side) that are pre-installed for? Just for hanging bag straps?

Thanks in advance!!! :grin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had them install the sliding tray as a perk when I bought the car. I have a 10lb tool kit, tire dressing gel, and a microfiber towel in there at the moment. It drive me nuts having them roll around. The sub box is temporary until I have a fiberglass enclosure made... And I may end up getting the cargo meet and hold done as well

As everyone knows, the Accord's trunk is cavernous. How is everyone organizing their trunks so items don't roll around like bowling balls?

I know they sell the cargo net. I can't believe you need to install the anchors... I'm surprised they did not pre-install them (most of the cars I've owned in the past had them pre-installed). My CR-V has the rings pre-installed so the net just clips on at each corner.

I also see they sell a trunk organizer that collapses, but I believe that too needs to be installed... also the trunk tray/drawer needs installation...

Also, what are the other anchors on either side (midway up the side) that are pre-installed for? Just for hanging bag straps?

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had them install the sliding tray as a perk when I bought the car. I have a 10lb tool kit, tire dressing gel, and a microfiber towel in there at the moment. It drive me nuts having them roll around. The sub box is temporary until I have a fiberglass enclosure made... And I may end up getting the cargo meet and hold done as well
What size sub is that? And how much clearance would you say you have to slide the box in and out. I've been eying that shelf myself.

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
I purchased a MIU COLOR Car Trunk Organizer - Foldable Cargo Trunk Organizer with Durable Cover Washable Storage with Reinforced Handles from Amazon. I use this organizer to store some cleaning equipment and other things. I have the carpeted floor mat in the trunk and the organizer stays where I have placed it.
Below are pictures of the organizer in my trunk. It comes w/a couple of partitions that are secured by Velcro that you can place where you want. Also has several mesh pockets on the side that I store some microfiber clothes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
We keep 3 plastic storage type boxes in our trunks, about 12-14 by 22-24 or so, two of them about 10 inches deep and one about 5-6 inches deep. We put all the bags of groceries etc. in them after trips to the store and whatever other uses in between.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got the car yesterday and had the cargo net added into the purchase and they installed it today. What a joke, the net is half the size of what I had on my previous vehicles and to top that off it is in the middle of the trunk! I think the bag hooks will be more useful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed the grocery store hooks. Made my own riveter tool from some YouTube videos.

That counts as trunk organization, right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have no problem sliding the box in or out, it's only temporary until I get the fiberglass enclosure. It's a standard ported box for a ten inch sub.

What size sub is that? And how much clearance would you say you have to slide the box in and out. I've been eying that shelf myself.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the carpeted floor mat and I purchased a square 15x15 bucket and keep assorted items in it:
Rain coat- Bugslide & Microfiber towel-Tire puncture kit and small compressor-Bottled water- umbrella and Glock 43

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no problem sliding the box in or out, it's only temporary until I get the fiberglass enclosure. It's a standard ported box for a ten inch sub.
10" sub enough? I figured 8 wouldnt be enough but 12 seems a bit OD. Audio shop recommended 12 for the music i listen to but im not trying to rattle my car either. I just want the bass to hit like it should.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We keep 3 plastic storage type boxes in our trunks, about 12-14 by 22-24 or so, two of them about 10 inches deep and one about 5-6 inches deep. We put all the bags of groceries etc. in them after trips to the store and whatever other uses in between.

LDB415 - Can you take a picture of how you use these containers? I am considering something similar.

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
I have 4 of the WeatherTech corners that can be used wherever needed. My third container is about half the height of these two, currently in use elsewhere. There is plenty of room for all of those plus a case of bottled water, 12 pack of paper towels and a few other large things in the remaining trunk space. I think I got those tubs at Lowe's.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
Does anyone know if $79.99 is a good deal for the Trunk Tray. It might be on sale this month at my dealership for ($95) but I found it here for cheaper (https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U45-TVA-100.html).
What's the bottom line price (after shipping/handling)... is it still lower than the price your dealer is offering? Also take this add into your dealer and give them the opportunity to match the price to keep your business.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 10" sub will vibrate the rear view mirror enough to make it useless. I personally dont see the need to go any larger. 10" is obnoxious enough..lol.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Also, what are the other anchors on either side (midway up the side) that are per-installed for? Just for hanging bag straps?

Thanks in advance!!! :grin:
Yeah , My Thoughts Exactly - what the **** ?

Those side Hooks are pretty Useless !
I have Tight Out Door Tweed Protector - Others call it Carpet ..I Used One of those Resizable - Sq. Boxes that have Movable sides & Velcro on Bottom . Keeps Most Stuff from Rolling Around . .
Anything Heavy would Go Right Over and Push the Trunks side Carpeting ( Until that Item Made - Full Body Contact ) BOOM Dent in Body !

No Hooks
No Eyelets
No Tie Downs

Guess were Just Suppose to Haul - Towels - Jump Suites - Sleeping Bag .. OH Wait for It - Nope No Sleeping - with Seats Folded Down Legs Stretch out back Or Road side Nap - Big Hump on the Floor with Seats Down ..
Again - Long Wide Handed Supports with Flatter Strong Metal running between what Looks Like an Elbow - Forearm Support .. ( Running Between the Rear Wheels Arches ) - Instead of Gutters . . . with 24 Holes . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't expect shipping to be so high at $27 to ship to my home. Seems like the local dealership's price is better after all. I guess if the local dealership normally charges almost $140, then it's not a bad deal and I should probably act on it before the month is over.

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
I didn't expect shipping to be so high at $27 to ship to my home. Seems like the local dealership's price is better after all. I guess if the local dealership normally charges almost $140, then it's not a bad deal and I should probably act on it before the month is over.
Yep, sometimes you have to get the bottom line price to realize it's not the best deal.... You still may want to take the (before shipping price) to your dealer to see if they want to discount theirs anymore. :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My opinion exactly. When loading the trunk for a trip with luggage or going to one of the warehouse clubs the net has to be taken down. What a pain in the Butt. Very poor design.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts