2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Accord has accumulated too many pre-set radio stations, but I can't delete them. There's nothing in the manual, and even the dealer couldn't delete them when the car was in the shop today. Does anyone know how to do that?

In other news, the car was back in the shop because I couldn't open the trunk. IT turns out there's a toggle switch in the glove box that disables the trunk latch. Who needs that?

Whoever designed this stuff never drove a car.

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
This was discussed earlier in this thread - Radio Presets... short answer is you can delete them but unless something has changed it takes a reset of the system that is described in that thread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In other news, the car was back in the shop because I couldn't open the trunk. IT turns out there's a toggle switch in the glove box that disables the trunk latch. Who needs that?
The toggle switch in the glove box that disables the trunk from being opened is to prevent unauthorized access to your trunk and its contents and more or less makes it a secure storage. For example, you take your car to a valet or are traveling with luggage or precious cargo, you would toggle the switch to the off position and lock the glove box with your key. This makes the trunk now inaccessible by the trunk release in the cabin and the actual release on the trunk. You hand the remote to the valet and you keep the key portion. This prevents the valet from having access to your trunk.

Locking out your trunk via the switch would also be convenient for car break-ins. The thief wouldn't be able to smash a window and press the trunk release button in the cabin to easily gain access to the contents in your trunk.

·
Registered
213 Posts
<snip>

Whoever designed this stuff never drove a car.
It's been a standard feature on cars for years.

As pointed out, it's a security measure to prevent someone from gaining access to your trunk using the fob in valet mode, or a valet key, or when stolen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts