2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all so I have a KTuner from a car I had before and was curious if anyone here has any real experience with tuning the 1.5 CVT. The Civic guys seem to be holding up pretty fine with tuning their CVT's but want to make sure I stay within the safe threshold before diving in. Is stage 2 on the KTuner too much power for the CVT? Should I stick with stage 1? Any input appreciated.

I do know that pushing too much torque and too many power mods are not recommended, but I was planning on getting a base tune and maybe the PRL stage 1 intake (keeps the stock air box) which seem to be pretty conservative mods but I want to see if anyone has real experience with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got KTuner stage 2 on my '21 Sport 1.5T CVT since August. I get on it everyday and never had issues with the engine nor the CVT. I'm currently at 12,000 miles. KTuner found ways to map the "gearing" on the CVT so that it builds progressively rather than being instant off the line. This does a lot to save stress to the CVT as that seems to be where most of the issue lies.

I am positive that KTuner stage 2 is on the safe and conservative side as I'm on a stage 3 performance tuning now lol. The power output difference is night and day.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
459 Posts
Plenty of X gen civic guys are running tunes on their CVTs. If you constantly beat on it you'll have problems but if you don't drive like a maniac all the time you'll be fine. the CVT is the weak point but it's not as bad as people think. I'm not saying you can't enjoy the extra power but don't go racing everybody at every red light haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got KTuner stage 2 on my '21 Sport 1.5T CVT since August. I get on it everyday and never had issues with the engine nor the CVT. I'm currently at 12,000 miles. KTuner found ways to map the "gearing" on the CVT so that it builds progressively rather than being instant off the line. This does a lot to save stress to the CVT as that seems to be where most of the issue lies.

I am positive that KTuner stage 2 is on the safe and conservative side as I'm on a stage 3 performance tuning now lol. The power output difference is night and day.
Sounds great, good to hear that your car is holding up well. I'm assuming you're running the Phearable stage 3 tune. The car must feel completely different when compared to stock. Looks like I will be going ahead and flashing the Stage 2 Dual tune. Might try the stage 1 first though just to see how it feels over stock. Hoping for a nice little bump in power!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds great, good to hear that your car is holding up well. I'm assuming you're running the Phearable stage 3 tune. The car must feel completely different when compared to stock. Looks like I will be going ahead and flashing the Stage 2 Dual tune. Might try the stage 1 first though just to see how it feels over stock. Hoping for a nice little bump in power!
Yep, Phearable stage 3. Lemme know if I can help. Good luck!

Slope Font Terrestrial plant Line Parallel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts