2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New here. I'm 6'5" and have been driving our Civic LX and my older 5 series (which is starting to give issues). I need to lease a car for my long trips (about 300 miles every other weekend) and minor driving to the office. The Accord is giving me the most bang for my buck in terms of features (ACC and Auto Hold break features). I just worry about the posts I've read about it being super uncomfortable for tall drivers. I figure everyone is different but I'm curious to hear what others say about this. FYI, my 2019 Civic LX is not the most comfortable car on the road but still does a decent job and I didn't have too many issues with the front seat.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am 6_4 but I have a long torso so I sit like I'm 6_5 or more. I have no issues in the Accord re headroom or legroom, especially without a sunroof. Just did a 5 hour each way trip and felt great afterwards, I had back surgery and that's always the test of a cars comfort for me. I have double lumbar support in my EXL so not sure what the lx offers. This car is not a Buick as far as ride comfort but it's plenty smooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Accord Sport and I am 6’4” and 280lbs. Plenty of head and leg room for me to be comfortable. I have the 8 way power drivers seat and I was able to drop the seat down for head clearance. Interesting to note that I used an accord rental car this year that did not have the power drivers seat and it was no where near as comfortable. So def make sure you have that on the LX. To me the best thing is that I put the drivers seat all the way back and there is still plenty of room in the footwell behind me for passengers. The accord is a deceptively large car - part of the reason I bought it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m 6’4”and have plenty of head and leg room in my 2018 EXL. The only problem is the center console is somewhat in the way of my right leg while pushing the gas pedal! After having the car for over a year, I don’t even notice it anymore! Love the ride and comfort!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
New here. I'm 6'5" and have been driving our Civic LX and my older 5 series (which is starting to give issues). I need to lease a car for my long trips (about 300 miles every other weekend) and minor driving to the office. The Accord is giving me the most bang for my buck in terms of features (ACC and Auto Hold break features). I just worry about the posts I've read about it being super uncomfortable for tall drivers. I figure everyone is different but I'm curious to hear what others say about this. FYI, my 2019 Civic LX is not the most comfortable car on the road but still does a decent job and I didn't have too many issues with the front seat.

Thanks in advance!
6’3” and my right knee is constantly hitting the center console, and what’s frustrating is that the left knee has plenty of room, the design is so poorly thought out In that regard. The CR-V felt much more comfortable and 360 degree visability was better as well imo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
I don't know whether you have found sufficient answers yet, but allow me to say that I am the opposite. I am 5'2" What I have found is depending on which model (I have a 2018 LX Accord) you won't have much leg room as the seat only goes back so far. I end up having my legs right under the wheelbase. Nearly under the wheel, but I do notice when say a mechanic or detailer has sat in the seat or just when I want to move back from the wheel just a little more for long drives and to not look like a little old lady under the wheel, it does not go back very much so I can not imagine being taller and needing more leg room. I get hung up in the seatbelt though due to being short, I have to keep pulling it from under my neck. I think ultimately, being tall, you will have to actually get in the vehicle and see how it adjust to know whether it is right for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts