2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if I am the only one you drives the **** out of your Accord? I have 23k miles on my car and I purchased it April 2018 with 17 miles on it.

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
I am curious if I am the only one you drives the **** out of your Accord? I have 23k miles on my car and I purchased it April 2018 with 17 miles on it.
I would say you've had 23k miles of smiles. ? I'm doing no where near to what you are but I've enjoyed every mile I've driven mine. Picked mine up March of 2018 with 9 miles on it and currently have a little over 5k on it. It's not my daily driver... have another vehicle as daily driver, and motorcycle for enjoyment too the reason the miles are kept down.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say you've had 23k miles of smiles. ? I'm doing no where near to what you are but I've enjoyed every mile I've driven mine. Picked mine up March of 2018 with 9 miles on it and currently have a little over 5k on it. It's not my daily driver... have another vehicle as daily driver, and motorcycle for enjoyment too the reason the miles are kept down.
That is awesome that you only have 5k miles on your car. I drive all up and down the east coast so I have tons of miles. I thought about buying another car as a daily driver but I’m always dumping money into this car lol ?

What kind of bike do you have?

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
That is awesome that you only have 5k miles on your car. I drive all up and down the east coast so I have tons of miles. I thought about buying another car as a daily driver but I’m always dumping money into this car lol ?

What kind of bike do you have?
You mean there are others than Harley-Davidson's? ? I have an Electra-Glide.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2018 and I have just ticked over 10k miles. In my first month or so I had put over 5000 miles on due to a long commute. I have since bought another car to use as a daily.

Reactions: Mod_Gen10

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have been rolling! I purchased mine end of November of last year. It had 4 miles on it and now has about 9700.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought my car with 4 miles on it. Test drove at 2 miles. Less than 4 months later, about 4700 miles. 2 months ago, got a speeding ticket after 25 years. Ugh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have a sweet 2018 Accord Still waiting for oil delution at 5000miles.Only complaint is the bird squeak in the engine..Dosnt seam to effect the performance ,or the gas mileage ..which is superb

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought my car with 4 miles on it. Test drove at 2 miles. Less than 4 months later, about 4700 miles. 2 months ago, got a speeding ticket after 25 years. Ugh
As someone who has also been driving for many years also and can remember how it felt to get my first speeding ticket, (actually two of them on the same hilly, winding road) I loved to drive at minimum 80, my sympathy goes out to you and I know how you must feel Hope it does not cost you more than an add-on to your Accord. Seems as if the rate of speed it can go does surprise you till you get used to it and at the same time it is exhilarating. How powerful, what response.
Take heart. You could have been driving down a two-lane country road in a small town on a sunny day. You are not doing the speed limit for the town's limit at all but think you only have to let up off the gas to slow down. You see a vehicle enter the two-lane road in front of you. You pray for the dotted yellow lines signaling you can legally pass this slow person you know must get up to speed. You see the yellow dotted lines. With glee, you step on the gas and watch the Accord seem to take off. While trying to make this pass before traffic comes in the lane you are not supposed to stay in. As you are passing it, you happen to glance at the vehicle and read on its side the large word, SHERIFF on its side panel.
You probably could have fallen back, but how do you do that as you can't believe it is a sheriff's vehicle you are about to pass? You do complete the pass, slow down when you get in front of him.
Not long afterward, you see the blue lights flashing as he pulls you over. You know nothing to do as this is not something you have ever heard of anyone doing. All you know is you better take out your license for this one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As someone who has also been driving for many years also and can remember how it felt to get my first speeding ticket, (actually two of them on the same hilly, winding road) I loved to drive at minimum 80, my sympathy goes out to you and I know how you must feel Hope it does not cost you more than an add-on to your Accord. Seems as if the rate of speed it can go does surprise you till you get used to it and at the same time it is exhilarating. How powerful, what response.
Take heart. You could have been driving down a two-lane country road in a small town on a sunny day. You are not doing the speed limit for the town's limit at all but think you only have to let up off the gas to slow down. You see a vehicle enter the two-lane road in front of you. You pray for the dotted yellow lines signaling you can legally pass this slow person you know must get up to speed. You see the yellow dotted lines. With glee, you step on the gas and watch the Accord seem to take off. While trying to make this pass before traffic comes in the lane you are not supposed to stay in. As you are passing it, you happen to glance at the vehicle and read on its side the large word, SHERIFF on its side panel.
You probably could have fallen back, but how do you do that as you can't believe it is a sheriff's vehicle you are about to pass? You do complete the pass, slow down when you get in front of him.
Not long afterward, you see the blue lights flashing as he pulls you over. You know nothing to do as this is not something you have ever heard of anyone doing. All you know is you better take out your license for this one.
If that happened to me I would probably die of an anxiety attack.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts