2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do your MM alerts coincide with the recommended service in the manual? Do you have oil changes more frequently than every 7k? What are your driving conditions? Normal? Severe? Ridiculous? Ludicrous?

I'm trying to get an average for how often service is needed for the Accord. In the past, our Ridgeline and Odyssey both needed service around every 4k-5k miles. Some oil changes in the summers were definitely sub 4k miles. Granted, these are all different models, but I just don't have much service experience with the newer Accord. My '99 Accord V6, well, I did much of that. I was a bit younger, though, and it didn't seem so hot outside then.

Thanks, and I appreciate your input!

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
The MM alerts are going to be different for every car... the time/mileage for it to be activated are determined by the style of driving of the car, type of driving (city/highway), and other variables. This system is set up to analyze those variables, evaluate the oils ability to protect the motor/turbo and advise when it's time to change.

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
I'm at 7700 miles and I'm on my second oil change, ugh. Comes on too often for me. First one was like 3-4K miles
Is most of your driving in city (stop/go, short trips)? My car is a 2018 (not my daily driver) and I've had 2 oil services with 7k miles currently on the car. 99% of my driving is "city"... those oil services were at 12 month intervals so by the type of driving and the time (12 months) the oil was in the car I found that acceptable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts