2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the 1.5 Sport with the stage 2 tune. My main question is if it's ok to run in eco mode while warming up the car. I assume it makes no difference but figured I'd ask to be sure.

I live in Austin so rarely any freezing weather here. What I typically do is open the garage door, start the car, then let it idle for about 30 seconds while I put on my seat belt and program Waze to take me to work. Then after backing out, I drive pretty gently until I have the full 4 bars on the engine temp gauge. I give it another 4-5 minutes after that before getting aggressive with acceleration.

Sound ok or should I modify anything?

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
I would think what you are doing is sufficient... when you say "aggressive" as long as you aren't doing drag races or track driving I wouldn't think there is a concern. I don't use econ (have it turned off) and only on occasion will use sport mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.

just curious, why do you have econ turned off? I'm assuming that if I'm just cruising down the freeway or working through stop and go traffic that econ mode will slightly diminish performance and slightly increase fuel economy. I don't notice a big difference between normal and econ modes in those environments.

When I want to push the car, Sport mode is big fun.

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
thanks.

just curious, why do you have econ turned off? I'm assuming that if I'm just cruising down the freeway or working through stop and go traffic that econ mode will slightly diminish performance and slightly increase fuel economy. I don't notice a big difference between normal and econ modes in those environments.

When I want to push the car, Sport mode is big fun.
I have it turned of for the reason you describe "slightly diminish performance and slightly increase in fuel economy". I don't want to diminish the performance and not interested in the increased fuel economy.

Agreed sport mode is big fun... I do use it on occasion... first time I used it I was really surprised... the difference was like I was in a different car. :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Econ mode is useless IMHO and I can definitely see it hurting fuel economy in certain instances.

I’ve gotten over an indicated 42mpg on country roads with little traffic in normal mode. This is mostly running in gears 7 or 8 at 35-50mph. Typical speed would be mid 40’s. I only really use sport when I want to shift manually.

I’d like to have sport steering with normal mode, but not possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts