2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some datalogging tonight, came home to see the logs, mostly from just casual driving. One of the longs showed a few misfires . 3 from cyl 1, 1 from cyl 2, and 1 from cyl 4.
K. Con was at .49 and I see no knocks on non of the cylinders. The plugs are new, as they were replaced when Honda replaced the Turbo earlier this month. I'm useing K. Tuner btw.

Is it normal for a car to misfire every now again? I'm new to cars as far as understanding tunes and logs. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
View attachment 5585 I was doing some datalogging tonight, came home to see the logs, mostly from just casual driving. One of the longs showed a few misfires . 3 from cyl 1, 1 from cyl 2, and 1 from cyl 4.
K. Con was at .49 and I see no knocks on non of the cylinders. The plugs are new, as they were replaced when Honda replaced the Turbo earlier this month. I'm useing K. Tuner btw.

Is it normal for a car to misfire every now again? I'm new to cars as far as understanding tunes and logs. Any help is much appreciated.
You're good man. Try to enjoy the car :) I know you're paranoid after your incident but that was a fluke. Happy driving.

I only log on my cars if something feels wrong but that's about it. You will drive yourself nuts checking logs all the time. Trust me I read Server/Computer/Network logs all day and its exhausting.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Does IMW do Remote Tuning services?

Here is two. Phearable is great also.

Reactions: 5840

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Even Thou it's still Interesting to ~ See & Log . .

Actually checking what Difference would be with Indexing Plugs or Changing to Cat back Exhaust . . or Stepping to Different Fuel ..

Just to try and Find Edge of Factory Limits or Bandwidth of Factory Tune - to how much will it compensate . . (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even Thou it's still Interesting to ~ See & Log . .

Actually checking what Difference would be with Indexing Plugs or Changing to Cat back Exhaust . . or Stepping to Different Fuel ..

Just to try and Find Edge of Factory Limits or Bandwidth of Factory Tune - to how much will it compensate . . (y)
Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to do like the other member said and Just enjoy the car. Just paranoid after the whole turbo incident.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Neat Idea , Hope Your Misfire wasn't an Injector - Reasons to always Dig Further then Next Guy . .

Further more aren't Pollution Control Items , Covered to 120,000 Miles like all other Manufactures ? seeing
Fuel Spiting Device - might just have something to do with THAT !

This Message as Usual ls Just a General Observation to All . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.