1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Make sure your car is off
2. Put your car in accesory mode
3. Hit the traction button off and then on
4. Put your foot in the break and remove the parking break while holding the break pedal, hit the button off and on (traction control) now still holding the break turn on parking break again
5. Turn off the traction control and then on again
6. Hit the break pedal and hold it while turning off the traction control and then on
7. 2 lights should appear and one flashing
8. You have fully disabled traction control

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
4. Put your foot in the break and remove the parking break while holding the break pedal, hit the button off and on (traction control) now still holding the break turn on parking break again
6. Hit the break pedal and hold it while turning off the traction control and then on
AND; “Do the hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around”!

·
Registered
133 Posts
2. Put your car in accesory mode by pressing the start button without pressing the brake pedal
4. Put your foot on the brake and remove the parking brake while holding the brake pedal, hit the button off and on (traction control) now still holding the brake turn on parking brake again
6. Hit the brake pedal and hold it while turning off the traction control and then on
I fixed your grammatical errors . . . now, why do you want to do this? :devil:

·
Registered
37 Posts
. . .why do you want to do this? :devil:
Because sometimes in the winter a little wheel slip helps you get going. Also, traction control usually cuts power too much on slippery uphills. If you live in Cinncinnati you probably never want to disable it, but in Vermont you'll do that a lot.
I can't believe the disable procedure is so complex. I'm gonna just pull the fuse in the winter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is the difference between the above instructions to disable vs. pressing and holding the VSA button? I thought that turned off traction control too

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the difference between the above instructions to disable vs. pressing and holding the VSA button? I thought that turned off traction control too
When you press the button it doesnt fully disable it everytime you go to fast in a corner or want to take off losing traction the engine lessesn engine power. I thought the same thing but its a big difference fully disabling it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah Buddy

So what's up with the pretty MIL? You disabled it to the point where it shows you have a drive-train failure and illuminates the CEL? Naughy naughty Kool Aid man...:plain:!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So what's up with the pretty MIL? You disabled it to the point where it shows you have a drive-train failure and illuminates the CEL? Naughy naughty Kool Aid man...
!
My CEL Is on due to my catless downpipe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dont snow tires provide all the winter traction you need regardless of setting? Works here in upstate NY...and they help with braking too, which disabling the traction control won't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in Upstate NY too.

Sometimes spinning wheels are better than wheels de-powered by traction control. Usually you only do that on slippery hills or real slick parking spots. I have a friend who drives a Prius to work over App Gap every day, and he had to pull the fuse on the traction control, even with snow tires.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm in Upstate NY too.

Sometimes spinning wheels are better than wheels de-powered by traction control. Usually you only do that on slippery hills or real slick parking spots. I have a friend who drives a Prius to work over App Gap every day, and he had to pull the fuse on the traction control, even with snow tires.
Well I'll keep that in mind. It is true I don't have major hills on my work commute, but if I'm not mistaken my 2014 Accord had traction control and it only infrequently made its presence known. As in for a few seconds. I got to enjoy that car for 4 years 8 months, haven't been through a winter with this one yet.

Thanks for the post,

Greg N

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is way too much to do each and every time. It resets itself when you turn the car off and back on again. I thought this was a permanent "off" solution.

·
Registered
136 Posts
thank you for this, I was wondering how to do so if I ever were to purchase.

I am used to driving in rain and snow with older cars where such traction control doesn't exists.

I find that when traction Control is on with my 2012 Civic, that it cuts power in a way that seems to be far more dangerous as it almost forces a hydroplaning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts