2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen across the net a few people ask how you install the CTR engine cover so I decided to do a quick write up with pictures. It’s a really simple install should only take you about 5-10 minutes.

What you’ll need
Hands
10mm deep socket and ratchet
Civic Type R Engine Cover P/N 12500-5BF-A01
3 Engine Cover Bolts P/N 90014-R40-A00

1) Pull the factory engine cover off, it just lifts up off of a few studs.

2) Remove the 5 circled 10mm studs and bolt, hang onto the bolt you’ll reuse it later. Remove the plastic piece

3) Install the CTR Engine cover with the 4 bolts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Thanks for the write-up w/pics.

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've seen across the net a few people ask how you install the CTR engine cover so I decided to do a quick write up with pictures. It’s a really simple install should only take you about 5-10 minutes.

What you’ll need
Hands
10mm deep socket and ratchet

1) Pull the factory engine cover off, it just lifts up off of a few studs.

2) Remove the 5 circled 10mm studs and bolt, hang onto the bolt you’ll reuse it later. Remove the plastic piece

3) Install the CTR Engine cover with the 4 bolts
Awesome look man. Looking for one for my 2018 Accord, Touring, 1.5. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As more aftermarket options come out for the CT-R, engine covers being one of them, this will come in handy. I wish the days when Spoon Sports was around because there won't be anything like what they can do to dress up an engine bay.
Hopefully some of you remember those days!

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Reactions: tommypenguin

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's really sweet man. I just ordered the ctr engine cover for my 2019 Accord.
Hey,

I also have a 2019 honda accord LX where did you order you engine cover? I cant find anywhere. I'm only ordering one because i have problems with mouse, they ate my engine wires and that costed me a lot of money so i though by putting a cover on it, it would help to prevent rodents to eat wires on reach the engine? Do you guys have any thoughts and a link where I can buy it?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Hey,

I also have a 2019 honda accord LX where did you order you engine cover? I cant find anywhere. I'm only ordering one because i have problems with mouse, they ate my engine wires and that costed me a lot of money so i though by putting a cover on it, it would help to prevent rodents to eat wires on reach the engine? Do you guys have any thoughts and a link where I can buy it?

Thank you
You can get the parts from Honda Parts Now website...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! but the link you sent was for a honda civic, im looking for the 2019 honda accord but cant find it.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Thank you! but the link you sent was for a honda civic, im looking for the 2019 honda accord but cant find it.
This thread is about the Civic Type R cover (which is the link I supplied)… is that not the one you want?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts