2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Interesting ~ Easy enough to do ~ seems Honda would have Given a choice in these Handles , I'd Like Two slightly Larger ones on Both Sides with
Holes in Center of those Handles to Tie the Trunk Down when Carry Stuff . .

Entire Reason for having a Roof Design and Long Swooping Roof Design - like VW CC started 2009 - that so many Copied ..
To Allow more Function to everyday Sedan - without - Producing Wagon ..

Honda Missed Idea of Function in this Area with too Tight "Round Tunnel" going through the Rear Seat Opening .
No Great Way of Un-Latch Rear Seats without the Trunk Opening First - then doing the Walk around - Each Time ~ Your inside the Trunk or Inside the Rear Seat Area ~
Both Leaving the Average GF or House Wife - Completely Open to Attack ..too Much Time Wasted and Movement .. ( Hello ) Forgot about the Design of this Segment .. ? Honda ?

Good Video on this ~ Thanks ~ for Write Up

ps: Then Honda Adds Insult to Semi-Usable Trunk with NO Tie Downs ~ It's Like Screw the Customers I Guess ..

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Interesting ~ Easy enough to do ~ seems Honda would have Given a choice in these Handles , I'd Like Two slightly Larger ones on Both Sides with
Holes in Center of those Handles to Tie the Trunk Down when Carry Stuff . .

Entire Reason for having a Roof Design and Long Swooping Roof Design - like VW CC started 2009 - that so many Copied ..
To Allow more Function to everyday Sedan - without - Producing Wagon ..

Honda Missed Idea of Function in this Area with too Tight "Round Tunnel" going through the Rear Seat Opening .
No Great Way of Un-Latch Rear Seats without the Trunk Opening First - then doing the Walk around - Each Time ~ Your inside the Trunk or Inside the Rear Seat Area ~
Both Leaving the Average GF or House Wife - Completely Open to Attack ..too Much Time Wasted and Movement .. ( Hello ) Forgot about the Design of this Segment .. ? Honda ?

Good Video on this ~ Thanks ~ for Write Up

ps: Then Honda Adds Insult to Semi-Usable Trunk with NO Tie Downs ~ It's Like Screw the Customers I Guess ..
Sounds like you need a pickup truck. ? ?

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for this tutorial. I did this with one strut installed for the trunk to open and be easy enough to close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts