2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
As mentioned the recall addresses other fixes in addition to the compass and turn-by-turn missing in the HUD includes: The rear camera guidance lines (with transmission in reverse) not being in compliance with federal motor vehicle safety standards. The LCD screen turning black when shifting from reverse to park. The navigation app crashing when adding destinations or rerouting a destination. And the incoming call screen remaining visible in the HUD after the car was turned off then back on.

Attachments

· Registered
129 Posts
I have NOT done the camera recall as of yet. However, I DID update my Navigation maps to 2019 version and have noticed the HUD compass display & drive directions now work w/o fail.

· Registered
151 Posts
I only have the Sport and no HUD so knew nothing about the "compass" issue. Previously the NAV / turn by turn display (in the console) with my iPhone/Carplay showed blank (although Android worked). I just had the rear camera recall done and suddenly I have a compass in the display! I guess I lost it at some point switching between Android and iPhone, without knowing. I don't know if iPhone Carplay will ever get turn by turn since the car system itself is also on Android, so it's easier for them to deliver on the Android Auto platform.

· Registered
33 Posts
Same for me ... haven’t had the fix done yet, but compass has been appearing consistently for over a month now.
I have NOT done the camera recall as of yet. However, I DID update my Navigation maps to 2019 version and have noticed the HUD compass display & drive directions now work w/o fail.

· Registered
242 Posts
I have to say, hearing how nuanced these issues can be especially when it comes to addressing certain recalls over others does provide quite the feedback for other owners.
Rarely can I find this insight from dealers, often its the random tech or service advisor you come across.

· Registered
54 Posts
I've taken the car in for the update. HondaLink no longer shows that the update is necessary. I guess I need to compare versions with someone to find out for sure if the update was actually done. However, interestingly, I started the car on the way home today and the compass was missing again. However, I turned onto a new road about 5 minutes from home and the compass started working again. At least I didn't have to unplug anything to get it working again, and I've turned off and on the car twice since the compass reappeared.

· Registered
54 Posts
It seems like this is kind of a dead thread, but today the compass and turn-by-turn disappeared again, however, getting it back was easy, I just stopped navigation and turned it back on again. So even if they haven't completely fixed the problem, it seems like they've improved the situation a bit. And I've confirmed that I've got the same Audio System version that others have posted (18AA-1945-001).

· Registered
129 Posts
Since I've done the "Camera Update" I've not had my Display screen go blank and then back on.
Update on 2019 Map upgrade- It cured my HUD Compass issues completely. :smile:

· Registered
1 Posts
Fuse 24

Thanks to whoever figured out the fuse 24 fix for the HUD Compass issue. That worked for me today, but it definitely seems that there is a software bug somewhere. I'm going to let this run for a few days and then connect my iPhone up with carplay and see if that makes it disappear again.

· Registered
1 Posts
Camera Update

I've had my Hybrid Touring since April and experienced all the same problems noted previously. I recently took the car in and had the rear view camera update/recall performed. Drove out of the dealer and all was working good. I use the HUD with Android Auto and Google MAPs almost daily. Several days later only the compass would show in the HUD or in-dash navigation would show. But it wouldn't show Google MAPs. Suddenly it reset itself somehow and worked great for weeks. Now, for about a week, I can't get Android Auto and Google MAPs to display on the HUD. The compass shows while Google MAPs is on the radio display but no turn-by-turn directions. Speed limit etc. are all fine. I've tried doing several factory resets and that doesn't change things. Will have to try disconnecting the battery next.

· Registered
7 Posts
More on the HUD

I've had my Hybrid Touring since April and experienced all the same problems noted previously. I recently took the car in and had the rear view camera update/recall performed. Drove out of the dealer and all was working good. I use the HUD with Android Auto and Google MAPs almost daily. Several days later only the compass would show in the HUD or in-dash navigation would show. But it wouldn't show Google MAPs. Suddenly it reset itself somehow and worked great for weeks. Now, for about a week, I can't get Android Auto and Google MAPs to display on the HUD. The compass shows while Google MAPs is on the radio display but no turn-by-turn directions. Speed limit etc. are all fine. I've tried doing several factory resets and that doesn't change things. Will have to try disconnecting the battery next.

I confirm the above. Had some HUD issues with WAZE prior to the rear view camera update, after which all worked fine with Honda Nav, Google Maps, and Waze. Yesterday, after the car was garaged for two weeks, Waze and Honda Nav work fine through the HUD, but Google Maps fails to show course guidance on the HUD, though the compass remains. Uninstalled and reinstalled Google Maps and Android Auto, with no effect. Haven't checked further. (Waze is my preferred GPS anyway.)

· Registered
7 Posts
More on the HUD II

I confirm the above. Had some HUD issues with WAZE prior to the rear view camera update, after which all worked fine with Honda Nav, Google Maps, and Waze. Yesterday, after the car was garaged for two weeks, Waze and Honda Nav work fine through the HUD, but Google Maps fails to show course guidance on the HUD, though the compass remains. Uninstalled and reinstalled Google Maps and Android Auto, with no effect. Haven't checked further. (Waze is my preferred GPS anyway.)

Figured out 12/12/18 automatic update of Google Maps caused HUD to fail. Uninstalled update and now it works again.

1. On your phone or tablet, open the Settings app
  2. Under "Device," select Apps.
  3. ChooseMaps
  4. In the top right, tap More
  5. Tap Uninstall updates.

· Registered
1 Posts
Navi

In regards to the Navigation. Does anyone know how to turn off the factory turn by turn voice directions? it is very annoying when I have music playing and it turns down the music and they give directions. I can clearly see the directions on the multimedia display, but maybe cannot see the solution to my issue. I also am plagued by the corrupted system where the Navi and turn by turn directions are not showing on the HUD nor the in dash display screen. My phone has also been on the fritz and my USB-C port is no longer working-thankful I got the touring model and got the wireless charger. Because of this issue I am forced to use the factory Navi. I have gone to the sound settings and lowered the system volume all the way to 0 and now my music volume is lowered when an warming about a change in direction is coming but now it's a faint voice giving directions.

So, in conclusion how do I turn off voice turn by turn directions so not to effect my music playing on the stock navigation system?

Thank you

· Registered
5 Posts
Failure to make the HUD Compass reappear

I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable and reconnecting it 10 seconds later to make the compass reappear in the HUD display. Then I drove the Accord for 35 miles. The compass did NOT reappear in the HUD. What actually happened is that the ACC, VSA, RDM, CMBS, and TPMS, and a lot of other things, no longer work. A display on the dashboard flashes repeatedly that I need to have the dealership resolve these issues. Following the recommendation to disconnect and reconnect the negative battery cable made the problem with the compass seem trivial.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.