2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my new General Gmax AS-05 245/40/19 tires I'm getting better grip but now getting some wheel hop. I decided to order an oem 6mt upper torque mount to fix the issue. I installed it and did some testing. There is no additional vibrations in the cabin and the wheel hop is gone! I'm very happy with how it worked out and how easy the installation was. Same info applies to any other mount one would decide to upgrade to as well!

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't. To be honest I'd rather not do it because I really don't want any additional vibration. So far this mount has done jist what I needed it to do, so I'm going to keep it this way unless I make some more power and it is absolutely necessary

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Nice Video & Like all Technical Input . .

Sometimes casting get that Coloring from those Molded Parts being put in .. Honda May also Spected Deeper Anodization be done on End - Taking Larger Press Fit ..
As that Finishing Process does Toughen Alu. Surface .

6sp Mount vs Plastic Molded - looked to be Fiberglass Resin - Weight Difference 8 Oz ? or . . If U have Estimate ..

Like How the Shift Points seem to be Programmed on Your Tune , My stock 2.0T wants to shift way higher , which is just wasting Fuel & Time
By Not using Tq. & Gearing to Best Settings ..

I have to shift it Manually in order to have Tq. used more Eff% - May get Tune this Summer.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice Video & Like all Technical Input . .

Sometimes casting get that Coloring from those Molded Parts being put in .. Honda May also Spected Deeper Anodization be done on End - Taking Larger Press Fit ..
As that Finishing Process does Toughen Alu. Surface .

6sp Mount vs Plastic Molded - looked to be Fiberglass Resin - Weight Difference 8 Oz ? or . . If U have Estimate ..

Like How the Shift Points seem to be Programmed on Your Tune , My stock 2.0T wants to shift way higher , which is just wasting Fuel & Time
By Not using Tq. & Gearing to Best Settings ..

I have to shift it Manually in order to have Tq. used more Eff% - May get Tune this Summer.
Thank you for the compliment and info! I would say that's about how much heavier the new mount weighed in comparison.

Once you tune your car you will wonder why you left it stock so long. It's a night and day difference, I promise you.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Have you done the lower mount yet? I did the upper only so far and loved the difference. Wondering how much more beneficial the lower one is.
I have both and quite honestly I don’t even notice it anymore. Once they break in all is good. I run both Hasport 62a top and bottom. I got them specifically because I run the Phearable Stage 3 tune to handle the torque.

Reactions: True_North_Accord

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have both and quite honestly I don’t even notice it anymore. Once they break in all is good. I run both Hasport 62a top and bottom. I got them specifically because I run the Phearable Stage 3 tune to handle the torque.
Thanks, I'm not worried about the NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) I'm just curious to see if the bottom has noticeable functionality or not.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Thanks, I'm not worried about the NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) I'm just curious to see if the bottom has noticeable functionality or not.
You will definitely benefit from it. Car just is more responsive. Your engine and transmission will thank you for it.

Reactions: True_North_Accord

·
Registered
2018 EX-L 2.0T
7 Posts
Is it the same for the lower?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts