2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2019 Accord 2.0T 10-spd and just the past three days i have noticed that when i start my morning drive the car makes a loud humming/white noise and gets louder and louder. I found that when the car comes to a stop or if i crack my driver window the noise immediately goes away and comes back once i close the window and drive again. It would go away after i got on the highway (5 minute drive) but After reading on this, i found a lot of other people are having the same issue and is only happening when its cold out. Well i live in Chicago so we have some pretty cold mornings, but i dont know why this would occur two weeks after i bought the car and not the next day. I read that other people think its the ANC and i agree with them, sadly i read people replacing transmission doing other things for the noise to go away, but i know 100% this is nothing engine or trans related especially since the noise goes away just from cracking the window and sounds like its coming from the center speaker. I have a appt made with the dealer and will relay what happens, but i wanted to reach out and see how many people on here are having the same issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019 Accord 2.0T 10-spd and just the past three days i have noticed that when i start my morning drive the car makes a loud humming/white noise and gets louder and louder. I found that when the car comes to a stop or if i crack my driver window the noise immediately goes away and comes back once i close the window and drive again. It would go away after i got on the highway (5 minute drive) but After reading on this, i found a lot of other people are having the same issue and is only happening when its cold out. Well i live in Chicago so we have some pretty cold mornings, but i dont know why this would occur two weeks after i bought the car and not the next day. I read that other people think its the ANC and i agree with them, sadly i read people replacing transmission doing other things for the noise to go away, but i know 100% this is nothing engine or trans related especially since the noise goes away just from cracking the window and sounds like its coming from the center speaker. I have a appt made with the dealer and will relay what happens, but i wanted to reach out and see how many people on here are having the same issue
It is the engine noise cancelling system. When you crack the window it is disengaged. Honda literally told me to drive with the window cracked. A new car.......I will never buy Honda again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts