2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally turned my AC on today for the first time in the Accord. One thing I noticed was that before I pressed the AC button. Nothing was displayed. However when I did press the button. It displayed AC ON and pressing again said AC OFF. Does anyone know is that will stay like that permanently? Or does that indicator get reset somehow? Just a curiosity as this is the first time actually pressing that button. Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
When you press the A/C button, you take the Climate Control System out off AUTO mode. Therefore, A/C will show ON or OFF to let you know its status, and that you are manually deciding when to use the A/C.

If you press the AUTO button (and it lights green), then the car will automatically select the A/C whenever it needs it. Nothing about A/C will show on the display, but the system will adjust the A/C, heat, and fan requirements automatically. Therefore, your preferred temperature settings are maintained without you having to constantly make manual adjustments to the A/C, heat, and fans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2018 Accord. There seems to be a glitch with the A/C ON/OFF indicator. My A/C indicator does not display it's status (on or off) even with the A/C ON. It will display ON or OFF immediately when you toggle it, until you restart the car a few times, then the indicator just completely disappears. This makes determining whether the A/C is actually on or off impossible. The only way to make the determination is by pressing the button, inadvertently turning it off or on, depending on it's current status, then making your selection. It's maddening.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's maddening.
No, it's an automatic system. Set the temperature you want, and press AUTO. The system will decide whether you need heat, a/c, or just ventilation. It will decide what vents to use, and how fast to run the fan. If you want to change any of these, press the appropriate button or turn the appropriate knob. It will tell you what you have set it to, starting with the current setting. Now you will contril that function until you press AUTO again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts