2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when the engine kicks on its feels like the engine is misfiring slightly. During acceleration everything is normal. Not sure if it's actually is no codes or anything, that's how it feels. I figured it could be normal for the hybrid.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to know what is going on. Maybe it's pulsing from charging the electric motor. I will say that the few times or so I have noticed it in the past two days I'm pretty sure it's been while the heat has been on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just want to know what is going on. Maybe it's pulsing from charging the electric motor. I will say that the few times or so I have noticed it in the past two days I'm pretty sure it's been while the heat has been on.
Does anyone know of any update on this issue? I’ve had my 2018 accord hybrid for 2 years now and I’ve experienced the same issue almost the entire time. I’ve had the car into 2 different dealerships a total of about 4 times. They were able to reproduce the issue but said they couldn’t find what the problem was and therefore labeled it as “normal”. I don’t believe that any “normal” car, especially a new one, should lurch and feel like the engine is missing a beat when going down the road. The one thing I’ve noticed is it always does it when the “gear” is shown on the power flow display. This means there is a direct link between the engine and the drive train, as opposed to other times when power is provided by the electric motors. When the lurching / jerking happens the gear icon is always displayed and the engine is in high rpm (even if I’m traveling at steady, relatively low speed). The fuel economy also takes a dive when this event occurs. I’m looking to see if nyome else here has had a similar problem and if they have found a resolution. Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know of any update on this issue? I’ve had my 2018 accord hybrid for 2 years now and I’ve experienced the same issue almost the entire time. I’ve had the car into 2 different dealerships a total of about 4 times. They were able to reproduce the issue but said they couldn’t find what the problem was and therefore labeled it as “normal”. I don’t believe that any “normal” car, especially a new one, should lurch and feel like the engine is missing a beat when going down the road. The one thing I’ve noticed is it always does it when the “gear” is shown on the power flow display. This means there is a direct link between the engine and the drive train, as opposed to other times when power is provided by the electric motors. When the lurching / jerking happens the gear icon is always displayed and the engine is in high rpm (even if I’m traveling at steady, relatively low speed). The fuel economy also takes a dive when this event occurs. I’m looking to see if nyome else here has had a similar problem and if they have found a resolution. Thanks
You are describing a completely different occurrence. This happens when stopped and the engine kicks on to charge battery or bring engine temp with heat on ect. No lurching or anything of the sort. My car is smooth as butter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem with mine. 2019 hybrid 70K mi. Noticeable at cruise only and no problem with accelerating. It’s not seen on screens or meters. I did see a rough idle once when I shifted into sport mode but cleared in a few seconds. I was checking here first before I brought it in.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have this problem with mine. 2019 hybrid 70K mi. Noticeable at cruise only and no problem with accelerating. It’s not seen on screens or meters. I did see a rough idle once when I shifted into sport mode but cleared in a few seconds. I was checking here first before I brought it in.
It happens infrequently really. I notice it more now on this car than I did my white one because I recently put the Hasport upper mount in so I feel it more now. It had pretty much gone aways or I stopped noticing it on my white car. Especially after I put subwoofers in both vehicles as well. I actually just noticed it the other day for first time on this one. Again just put the upper mount on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts