2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t believe I just stumbled on a work around for this annoyance. I buckled all of the rear seatbelts, and you don’t get the annoying pop up that you have to acknowledge, everytime you get into the car.
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Electric blue

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Ok... thought it must have been something new. If that is a safety mandated feature to prevent infant/toddlers from being left in the rear seats Honda didn't think this thru well. IMO a better design would have been to put a sensor In the seat (like in front passenger seat to turn that airbag on) recognizing weight on it, and/or have the system issue the warning when the seat belts are buckled (since the would be fastened if there were a car seat or person on it). :unsure:

· Registered
280 Posts
Ok... thought it must have been something new. If that is a safety mandated feature to prevent infant/toddlers from being left in the rear seats Honda didn't think this thru well. IMO a better design would have been to put a sensor In the seat (like in front passenger seat to turn that airbag on) recognizing weight on it, and/or have the system issue the warning when the seat belts are buckled (since the would be fastened if there were a car seat or person on it). :unsure:
Agreed! This would annoy me so much!

Although, the more I mod my car, the more warnings I have to bypass as it is lol

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
The more I think about this the more this has got to be one of the dumbest designs I've ever seen. If I remember correctly the intent of this safety feature was to remind the driver when they turned the car off/opened door to check the back seat for passengers. The fact that buckling the seat belts defeats the warning is ridiculous... if a person has an infant/toddler in the back they (at least 99.9% of them) will buckle the child in the seat, then when they turn car off, open door and doesn't get the alarm (if this is a required NHTSA safety feature), leaves kid in car IMO Honda (not to take away from the responsibility of the driver to check/remove child) has set themselves up for a liability lawsuit.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more I think about this the more this has got to be one of the dumbest designs I've ever seen. If I remember correctly the intent of this safety feature was to remind the driver when they turned the car off/opened door to check the back seat for passengers. The fact that buckling the seat belts defeats the warning is ridiculous... if a person has an infant/toddler in the back they (at least 99.9% of them) will buckle the child in the seat, then when they turn car off, open door and doesn't get the alarm (if this is a required NHTSA safety feature), leaves kid in car IMO Honda (not to take away from the responsibility of the driver to check/remove child) has set themselves up for a liability lawsuit.
Yeah, its pretty bad. And even worse when you have to deal with it everytime you get into the car. This is what you get on the left screen, until you acknowledge it. So, if you want the tachometer, or the fuel mileage, you have to select ok, to acknowledge this screen, before you can use your regular screens.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
If Honda didn't want to put sensors in seat or seat belt buckles just have the warning show up with a chime when the car is turned off/driver door opened. :unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.