2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By worth it i mean it is more reactive and the sound is like a blow off valve which is what i was looking for! I didnt want to put nothing but a branded intake on my accord because it was tested and designed for a 2018 2.0t accord ! It was all plug and play i have not check engine light and the injen came with a bolt on heat shield ! I will try to upload a video for you guys asap!

·
Registered
148 Posts
What are they charging for the complete kit? PRL just posted their intake kit that uses the stock airbox but with a claimed 18+hp gain without a tune! Does Injen make any such claims?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to buy the prl stage 1 intake in the first place but i've been told that i wont notice a night and day difference in sound..as for the gain injen is quet about about it i cant even found their intake on their website it is like its not released yet..but as far as i can tell for the injen sound it is night and day! and maybe its just me but i found that my boost gauge get filled quicker!/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif heres a link if you want more info or buy https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xsp16.TRS0&_nkw=sp1687blk

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I actually just ordered the same intake for my car but after speaking to the representatives from KTuner they are telling me that it is not a good intake for our car also spoke to a performance tunning place near me and they are telling me the same reason. Was told that the Injen masf sensor is in the wrong position and also to big , with that said it will eventually send a check engine light , Car would run to rich or lean , Car wouldn’t idle properly and possible engine trouble down the road and actually losing power . Just wondering how technical these guys are . Debating returing it for the prl but not crazy about the drop in filter. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I actually just ordered the same intake for my car but after speaking to the representatives from KTuner they are telling me that it is not a good intake for our car also spoke to a performance tunning place near me and they are telling me the same reason. Was told that the Injen masf sensor is in the wrong position and also to big , with that said it will eventually send a check engine light , Car would run to rich or lean , Car wouldn’t idle properly and possible engine trouble down the road and actually losing power . Just wondering how technical these guys are . Debating returing it for the prl but not crazy about the drop in filter. Any suggestions ?
well i've been driving my car everyday with the intake installed and i havent notice a single thing of what you mentionned above..did you return your intake? Should i remove it from my car ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts