2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the air box after looking through the parts diagrams and I'm not sure what the lower "Resonator A"(17296-6B2-A01) is for. It is attached to the intercooler to throttle body pipe so I can't imagine any noise is passing through the turbo out the box and I can't imagine it rumbles enough to transfer noise into the cabin. Any thoughts? Would this have anything to do with intake volume? It could totally be blocked off. They are connected by a ~3" long rubber hose.

Would sealing the hole to the main "Resonator B"(17235-6B2-A00) directly under the the air filter help to "release the beast" aka the induction noise we are all looking for. While keeping the cold air retention characteristics of the stock air box?

I also thought it was interesting how many nooks and crannies they put in the scoop and air box to collect and drain water that might get pulled in.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
I saw that also , and was Wondering If that Area could be Increased in Size and another Filter placed over in that Area , Outside of the Direct Engine Bay ..

I'm Tied up on a Project right now - getting ready for Winter and All . . 3 Huge Windows to get Replaced and all Closed Up - Trimmed . .

I'd be Surprised to find out , It has something to do with Boost .. ( Awful Long Turbo Exit - Run Thou ) . . .

ps: Also Water or High Moisture - High Humidity - certainly Lowers the Life of Oil as Any Excessive Moisture will Mix with Additive Packs .
Shorter Life Span of Oil's Additive Packs - leads to Acid Build Up and Oxidation of the Oil - sooner .

·
Registered
849 Posts
Then there might be room with all that Stuff Out of There to do , something along these Lines .
Even If stuffed back in a ways - the Mass alone & Area would - Cool Charge .
Just Thinking outside the Box , I was Thinking Min. a Custom Pipe for one of these Area's - Remove some of the 45's & 90's . .

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts