2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same exact issue on my 19’ 1.5T I have had for 3 days. wife and I noticed on way home from shopping trip tonight. Started right around 45 minutes into the drive.
Heat set to defrost/feet blows cold from side vents/defrost vents/feet. Windows started to fog up from the cool air.
Someone mentioned complaining to Honda corporate on Facebook how exactly do I do that?
hoping to hear more info soon.
is anyone bringing their complaints to the dealer. If all of us are experiencing the same issue Honda will recognize this and investigate. we might have a recall which i believe it should be. my 2018 accord ex-l is randomly blowing warm air at temperature set to low.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is anyone bringing their complaints to the dealer. If all of us are experiencing the same issue Honda will recognize this and investigate. we might have a recall which i believe it should be. my 2018 accord ex-l is randomly blowing warm air at temperature set to low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Sport 2.0 10 speed does a poor job of maintaining temp in both heat and a/c modes. I find myself adjusting the temp from 71 to 77 degrees to maintain comfort. This is my 3rd Accord with auto climate control. They all operate in the same manner, but with different results. I have noticed that the temp adjustments seem to be influenced more by the dash top solar sensor than either previous Accords. A small piece of black tape might modify that, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Interestingly, I am adjusting the temp knob in my ‘18 Accord with auto climate control far more frequently than the temp knob in my ‘15 VW GTI with manual climate control. Just a small glitch in an otherwise perfect car so far.
Did you by chance do any work on the head unit? This happened to me when adding sub/amp, etc... When taking apart the dash, I accidentally unplugged one end of the clear plastic tube behind the ignition. I realized my goof, reconnected it and it corrected the issue...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same problem with me. I post it in another thread. It work fine for 40 minutes then I always have to reajust the temp.
Same with here. The only consistency seems to be when you turn it up really high to say defrost the front window, otherwise a hit or miss in the temperature being what you turn the knob to be at any given time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same with here. The only consistency seems to be when you turn it up really high to say defrost the front window, otherwise a hit or miss in the temperature being what you turn the knob to be at any given time.
Modern thinking is that it is better to defog with cool air. You can feel it coming out of the front and side defoggers when you experience this cold draft. The problem in the Accord seems to be that this cool air circulates down and around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as
vtecharry quise2024 talonmike Delphi94 Ronald63
and own a 2019 Honda Accord 2.0T

Originally part of my problem was caused when the Dealer installed the parking sensors. They pulled the tube and didn't replace it. When the tube was out the climate control would go cold after 30-40 minutes and was most noticeable after getting off a highway onto a back road or city road that did not have consistent speed. Both the Demister vents and the floor would go cold at the same time. This would happened in auto climate control and floor/demister setting. It didn't matter if AC was ON Or OFF. It was also bad on the highway after the same amount of time. I went to the first dealer 6 times and they couldn't fix it or find that the tube was out. The other important note related to this part of the issue is that in this problem state my climate control wouldn't come back on. It would get colder and colder while driving. I was also getting 35MPG because the climate control was unloading itself from the engine. This is probably a result that is similar to what the touring model does with the special setting checked in the menu.

Second dealer found the first half of the issue after the first visit but didn't find it initially. I had to drive the car for 30-40 minutes and get them to look at it right when it was pulled in without resetting the car. Standard procedure only allows techs to drive for 15 miles or 20 minutes and so this problem is not detectable by normal test procedure.

I was put in a 1.5L Honda Accord while they were looking at the issue and this car did not have the climate control problem as in my vehicle.

After they put the tube back in. The problem is still very noticeable and problematic but is different. With the tube in the climate control does not go completely cold it actually turns back on after a slight settle around 30-40 minutes. The problem thereafter then is that the demister vents blow air that is set to the temperature that the cabin is set at and the floor blows uncomfortably hot. I measured the floor mat at +15 degrees from the temp that it was set at and it kept blowing hot. It never went off either. Feet sweating. Really uncomfortable. When in this state the autoclimate control settles in this problem setting when outdoor temperature is below 50 degrees. It does not matter if the sun is out or not. The floor and demister vent setting in manual mode is identical to what the auto climate control settles out as. After 30 to 40 minutes of driving the auto climate control sets the car to floor and demister setting automatically. The problem now is that it automatically arrives at the worst setting after 30 to 40 minutes and gets stuck there.

This is my 3rd honda and I can say it has the worst climate control of any other honda I have ever driven because every setting and every combination of settings gets uncomfortable and is distracting because it requires adjustment during driving. It is also dangerous in the north east because when the climate control changes after 30-40 minutes it no longer keeps snow off the windshield because it doesn't push heat to the demister vents in the auto climate setting or the floor + deminster vent manual setting. If you have snow you have to use the Deminster vent only setting and then your feet are cold for your entire drive. You used to be able to heat up your car with demister only then go to floor plus deminster vent and that setting used to be able to keep the window clear of snow and was a comfortable setting is snowly conditions. Now you either have to be cold with the deminster vent only setting or the window fogs up when you have the floor plus demister vent because the floor plus demister vent setting does not push enough heat to the window to keep the window clear. It doesn't matter if you have AC on or AC Off on the floor plus demister vent setting it does the same thing. Very bad and dangerous because your entire window can fog up while you are driving if you are unaware of the transition after 30-40 minutes. This is a bad car for the northeast US with this problem because there is no comfort range in the winter. My two previous hondas were fine. I could set both of them to one setting and never touch it all winter long. Then in the summer I could set them to one setting and never touch it again all season. Now its get ready for every distracting thing that you can encounter while driving so your probably going to crash trying to adjust something!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issues for me. Interior temp just keeps rising even though it is set to 68 degrees, the actual interior temp just keeps rising over to over 78 degrees until it gets too uncomfortable and I have to open the window or turn the setting down to low to get the temp back down.

Dealer looked at it last year and just yesterday says the system is working as designed. The first time they told me it has a 5 degree tolerance in the setting.

The AC does blow cold air, just not enough of it to regulate the temp properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a low mileage example last FRI30APR21 from my local dealer in San Diego. 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring. I am also experiencing temperature control issues.
The night of the purchase I didn't experience issues with the climate control; all though the salesman seemed to notice it wasn't blowing cold. He fiddled with the controls and everything seemed to work fine though. I chalked it up to the car being new to me and I still needed to acquaint myself with the controls.
The next day though SAT01MAY21 during a particularly hot bit of weather I noticed that no matter how cold I set the temp on the driver side zone up front I would not blow as cold as the passenger side and that both sides did not consistently blow cold air. The problem seems to abate somewhat at night when I start the system but then comes back after a little bit. I looked at the hose issue described in earlier posts and on my vehicle the hose is connected. I even observed the vanes closing on both zones under the dash. I am taking it to the dealer this afternoon for diagnostics. I have a number of hypotheses that I will elucidate later. Stand by for status update from my dealer.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Touring
1 Posts
I have had my 2018 Accord 2.0 Touring for a couple of years now and never had a problem with climate control. This winter, however, it runs extremely hot. In past winters (and in my other 2016 Honda Pilot) I usually keep the temp at 69 or 70F. This winter I find myself having to turn it down to 64F to keep the temperature bearable.

The only thing I can think of is that I have a bad temperature sensor but based on this thread it might be a wider issue...?

81 - 90 of 90 Posts