2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else’s screen bugging out on their infotainment center ? Mine has done this to me 3 times already .... but today for the longest time. It was about 2 minutes ish. It disconnected my phone and was stuck in the disclaimer page. Then wouldn’t let me hit home or ok, turn it off ... nothing. Then went black and basically rebooted ? What the ****.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was trying to see if there is an update, but it’s not working. Not through usb or WiFi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a method for 'rebooting' the infotainment system on the 2018 Accord? On my old 2016 Civic you had to 'hold' the home button for a few seconds and the 'reboot' screen would appear. I've tried this on the Accord and it doesn't seem to work. I've searched online and can't find anything so far. Thoughts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if there is a method for 'rebooting' the infotainment system on the 2018 Accord? On my old 2016 Civic you had to 'hold' the home button for a few seconds and the 'reboot' screen would appear. I've tried this on the Accord and it doesn't seem to work. I've searched online and can't find anything so far. Thoughts?
Just did this with mine. U have to do it with the car on though. Don’t turn it off until it’s done. Go to your settings then system then scroll down until you see factory data reset. It will ask you if your sure you want to reset once you get through ok’ing it then it does it’s thing. If it asks for your password then per the people at Honda link if you hold down the volume/power button for 10 seconds and it automatically entered your code in.
They said it takes about 1 to 5 mins to reboot. Mine took probably about 2 mins. But didn’t fix my issue with it turning off randomly. I have an appointment tomorrow with Honda for them to take a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Infotainment and dash board keeps shutting off when driving on the freeway!

My car is 1 1/2 month old and it started doing that on the 3rd week. Now, sometimes when I call I get the noise when you accidently call a fax line and it drops the calls. I've already taken it back to the dealer 3 times already and will be taking it back next week! My infotainment system and my dash board shuts off when I'm driving on the freeway to work! The service people has already called HONDA engineers and they can't seem to find a problem with it....they've tried to replicate it. I will still continue to take it back till it gets fixed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car is 1 1/2 month old and it started doing that on the 3rd week. Now, sometimes when I call I get the noise when you accidently call a fax line and it drops the calls. I've already taken it back to the dealer 3 times already and will be taking it back next week! My infotainment system and my dash board shuts off when I'm driving on the freeway to work! The service people has already called HONDA engineers and they can't seem to find a problem with it....they've tried to replicate it. I will still continue to take it back till it gets fixed.
Honda told me to drive it for a week with out being connected to blue tooth and with out having anything plugged into it. So I’m trying that. They said because the cars are still so new they don’t know what is creating the problems. So I’m half way through the week. With plugging in or connecting. I did plug in once cause my phone was about to die and I was a long way from home. But it hasn’t turned off yet. But it doesn’t do it every day. So we’ll see what happens at the end of the week.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hopefully Honda issues a software update to alleviate these infotainment issues, as I don't think new owners should be forced to make due without proper connectivity or constant system reboots. I believe you can also manually reset the infotainment system by holding down the power button for +5 seconds.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hopefully Honda issues a software update to alleviate these infotainment issues, as I don't think new owners should be forced to make due without proper connectivity or constant system reboots. I believe you can also manually reset the infotainment system by holding down the power button for +5 seconds.
Sadly the only times issues get dealt with swiftly (or at least the most they can) is with recalls. Car makers rather not take on the burden of people getting injured or killed.

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
Sadly the only times issues get dealt with swiftly (or at least the most they can) is with recalls. Car makers rather not take on the burden of people getting injured or killed.
Sadly that business motto extends further than just auto's... I've seen the same such attitude w/motorcycle manufacturers too. :sad:

·
Registered
129 Posts
My car was built 11/17 2.0T Auto Touring. I've seen this problem twice but it only lasted for about 15 seconds. I use Apple Car Play, and Bluetooth frequently. I did have to do a factory Restore Default twice:
1. Restore Traffic info on Navi
2. Restore my compass

For what its worth, I have a new Harley Street Glide with Infotainment system. These have been a nightmare ever since they were introduced on the 2014 touring models.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So they told me that they want me to go a week with it connecting to blue tooth or having anything connected in any USB ports. So I did. The best I could. One day I had to charge my phone. Either way, it did it again this past wknd. So I have to call them and tell them and see what they are going to do.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stuff like this makes you wonder what's going on over at Honda, if they're even working on the issue currently or are on a backlog. Often issues like this get put off, all because of no sense of urgency. During a time of sluggish sales they can use some more refinements.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stuff like this makes you wonder what's going on over at Honda, if they're even working on the issue currently or are on a backlog. Often issues like this get put off, all because of no sense of urgency. During a time of sluggish sales they can use some more refinements.
it has been like 2 weeks now. And I’ve been busy with work. When I went there yesterday for something I said it happened again. The girl I had been working with quit so I had to deal with someone else. And he was just like ok. And stayed looking at me like a tool 🤔. I’m like this is what they told me to do. Drive for a week with it connecting to anythig. And report back with if it happened again or not. So the week is over and it happened again. He said let me get with the shop Forman and see I’ll call u.... like why couldn’t u check while I was there ?? So dumb. And guess what. No call...so frustrating. Now I’ll have to call them. He even said to me, oh that’s weird ... did you look it up on any forums..... 🤨 your Honda for god sakes. Why do I need to go on a forum. Just thought it was weird that he asked that. Like just freaking fix it. Jesus

·
Registered
129 Posts
Navi Maps Upgrade

I got a small catalog from Honda last week which gave information on NEW FREE map updates so I did it to both my 2.0T and my wife's 2017 CRV. Follow instructions and it worked flawlessly. Make sure you use a 16 gig USB formatted in FAT32. Link:

honda.garmin.com/honda/#getstarted

Depending on when you purchased, yours may have the latest. My car was built 11/17 and needed them. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
I got a small catalog from Honda last week which gave information on NEW FREE map updates so I did it to both my 2.0T and my wife's 2017 CRV. Follow instructions and it worked flawlessly. Make sure you use a 16 gig USB formatted in FAT32. Link:

honda.garmin.com/honda/#getstarted

Depending on when you purchased, yours may have the latest. My car was built 11/17 and needed them. Good Luck!
Mine was built between 2/25 and 03/01, arriving @ dealer 3/12, picked up on 3/14 and when I checked shortly after my maps needed an update. It's a easy/simple process and w/a new vehicle you get five years of updates free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is anyone else’s screen bugging out on their infotainment center ? Mine has done this to me 3 times already .... but today for the longest time. It was about 2 minutes ish. It disconnected my phone and was stuck in the disclaimer page. Then wouldn’t let me hit home or ok, turn it off ... nothing. Then went black and basically rebooted ? What the ****.
I picked up my Accord on June 18th, starting the fourth week of ownership now and the car has done exactly the same thing as you report. Yesterday was the 5th "automatic reboot" (works out to more than one a week) I have also had the screen "lock up"... (picture still there but nothing was working sort of frozen) I had to stop the car, turn everything off and then restart everything... the screen came back up OK at that time. I should add that I was backing up one of those times... and everything went dead except for the back up camera... I could see where I was going but the colored lines on the screen denoting the direction of travel disappeared. So the back up camera seems to entering the screen from a different source... that did not fail.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still no word from the dealer on this. Even though they were “talking with the floor manager” and would get back to me. It’s been weeks. But it hasn’t done it since and I’ve been busy so I’ve let it go for now. But still wth

·
Registered
129 Posts
What? You don't need to go thru all that with Honda Link! Just go to seetings on the screen and do a RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULT- Bamm! Done!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What? You don't need to go thru all that with Honda Link! Just go to seetings on the screen and do a RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULT- Bamm! Done!!!
When I was working in the service dept there was no fix for it. You have to do a complete reset for the factory default settings. It sucks I know! There was no ET on when the fix was going to come out. I have to perform a Factory reset multiple times a month.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts