2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,442 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to share this modification. (y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to share this modification. (y)
No problem! I figured since I was doing it Id take the time and record in hopes it made it easier for others. I could only find videos of people just talking about it but no actual installs. If not that then it was just random talking online in forums.

Going in pretty blind to it took me longer than it should but i think with the video now others should be able to get it done fairly easy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for sharing your install video.

I have a Touring, so I already have the trunk mounted taillights. I wasn't aware of the differences between trims until it was pointed out sometime ago.

However, it seems like a lot work to convert the trunk taillights. I'm not sure that I would do it if I didn't have a Touring. Yet, it is a much better look and adds to the safety.

What I can't understand is why Honda didn't do this for all trim levels. It's not as if the other trims have a differently shaped taillight. Plus, the added safety when braking should have been the deciding factor.

Just my thoughts ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah my grammar was off. I’m saying I hated the sport taillights from the factory, so I ordered aftermarket lights as soon as Possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah my grammar was off. I’m saying I hated the sport taillights from the factory, so I ordered aftermarket lights as soon as Possible.
Which aftermarket did you get? And any chance you could post a pic of the lights on?

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
136 Posts
oh this looks nice. If I buy the sport I might have to do this someday. It looks so much better illuminated in full.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey my man, could you send me the link for lights, and most of all the harness? Cost$$ thanks
Pete, email [email protected]
Sorry for the late reply I never received notifications on new posts (along with not being signed in lol)

I got them from hondapartsnow.com but any oem honda parts site will have them. Some have also been able to find them on ebay though for like half the price (no indication that they are NOT oem but at the same time it doesnt state that the ARE either).

Right: 34150-TVA-A11
Left: 34155-TVA-A11
Harness: 32108-TVC-A00

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to video document the install. I plan on making the taillight upgrade next week after the hitch install, while the bumper is off.

Are the JDM toy bumper reflector/lamps always on or just with brakes and signals? Look like rear fog lamps.

I don’t always carry a bicycle but, when I do I need everyone to stay away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for taking the time to video document the install. I plan on making the taillight upgrade next week after the hitch install, while the bumper is off.

Are the JDM toy bumper reflector/lamps always on or just with brakes and signals? Look like rear fog lamps.

I don’t always carry a bicycle but, when I do I need everyone to stay away.
they are always on (when the headlights are on). so yeah like a rear fog lamp i guess.

during the day they only light up when you press the break or turn on the blinker.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just saw this. You're asking about the harness clips that hold it to the car? I was using a fork type tool from SnapOn. The plastic type you get from crutchfield works great too. Just don't go gordilla (ape sh*t) because you may need to reuse it or sell off the harness. The unused parts of the touring harness went where it probably should have been secured and other parts strategically foam taped with electrical connectors taped over. It was rather easy. The time consuming part was having the GF there distracting me. Why you taking apart your new car? Yeah, go up front and play with the radio or something. I also installed the sequential turn signals. I don't have many tailgators.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts