2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Auto part Wire Pipe

I installed infinity reference components in the front and rear of my Sport 1.5. Many say it is not worth it to put components in the rear deck but I firmly believe it is after having coaxial speakers in the rear. They are being powered by the deck but I was able to get them to sound louder than the OEM speakers and retain the mid bass.

I soldered every last one of the connections, even at the cross overs so there is no resistance, maximum signal transfer and power flow.

I do not recommend this but I did this on my 2017 civic, and now my accord sport, I replaced the 15 amp audio fuse under the hood with a 30 amp and it makes a huge difference in the performance of the speakers. I don’t feel the need to ad an amp.

The last thing I am going to do is reinstall my kicker hideaway. I have the 8”, but I am thinking about getting the 10” The Kicker HS8 can drop some rich bass when the gain is set correctly, and properly grounded. If it is bottoming out, something is not connected properly, or the gain isn’t set correctly.

I tapped the front left speaker wire for my kicker hideaway subwoofer. The wires are pink and grey, and I unplugged the wire harnesses where it goes into the door grommet under the dash and pulled back the tape to easily access it while i tapped it without cutting it. You also must unplug your anc behind the glove box or you will get a terrible hum and it won’t even let it play. Takes five minutes to do as there are videos on YouTube getting to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks good I’ve been contemplating the idea of the kicker sub under the seat. I would like to add some bass to sound system, haven’t decided what route to take.
Do you think I can upgrade the rear speakers and install a 2ch amp just for the rear speakers. I can barely hear the rear speakers at front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The kicker hideaway or any other under the seat sub is the way go if you don't want to give up any space and have decent bass without the rattles. As for the rear speakers, it depends on what kind of speakers you get. I had infinity coaxial speakers in the rear at one point , and they were actually louder than I expected at 93 db efficiency, however, it took them some time to break and catch up to the components in the front, but the sound stage gained clarity as they broke in because at first they were fuzzy sounding compared to the components. The rear in the accord sport is more quiet compared to the front. I believe its due to the length of the wire. I ran some woofer bass test tones through them up to a volume of 25 several times just help break the rear component speakers in..... They sound better than the coaxial speakers did and create a fantastic uniform surround that I prefer to just two front speakers.

I would try getting some efficient speakers to put in the rear unless you are set on the amp route. Without an amp, I highly recommend nothing less than 93 db in the rear, and also preferred in the front because they will give you a strong sound stage. I ran two Polk db components rated at 92 db efficiency and they sounded really good, but the infinities are louder and have more detail and clarity to me. They actually sound very similar, but I believe the Polks are a tad bit brighter. I also think the infinity reference are a steal at the price you can find them for. I used to run The Infinity Kappa Perfects with an amp and I loved them, however, the latest model infinity reference speaker is much improved and does not disappoint. I don't feel like I need to ad an amp to get satisfying sound out of them, they get very loud at around volume 15. Only thing is you have to find the best way to connect them for consistent performance because one loose screw or improperly crimped wire can drag the whole system down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.