Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! Installed a set of Thule roof rack and couldn’t be happier with it so far. Looks I’m not sure yet lol. Bug worked great for our canoe and I’m hoping to get a nice cargo box for long family trips etc.

install was fairly easy and the fit is awesome! If anyone has questions let me know! My onl complain so far is the noise is so bad I can’t open mg sunroof🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
My onl complain so far is the noise is so bad I can’t open mg sunroof🤷‍♂️
Had you tried driving/riding w/sunroof open before installing them? Reason I ask is I think the sunroof when open is noisier than any other cars I've owned w/a sunroof.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey folks! Installed a set of Thule roof rack and couldn’t be happier with it so far. Looks I’m not sure yet lol. Bug worked great for our canoe and I’m hoping to get a nice cargo box for long family trips etc.

install was fairly easy and the fit is awesome! If anyone has questions let me know! My onl complain so far is the noise is so bad I can’t open mg sunroof🤷‍♂️ View attachment 6651 View attachment 6652 View attachment 6653
Pretty easy to install?
Do you mind posting a picture where it mounts onto the door frame pretty please? Lol
I'm considering getting a pair. Looks really good 👍🏻

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Glad you posted this - I'm thinking about getting one so that I can schlep a kayak around.

I don't have my sunroof open over 50-60 km/h, so guessing the noise won't be so bad.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Pretty easy to install?
Do you mind posting a picture where it mounts onto the door frame pretty please? Lol
I'm considering getting a pair. Looks really good 👍🏻
These are for the Rhino Rack but basically all pretty similar. I was actually looking for a Yakima and ordered it three times, each one was out of stock. The bars should come with instructions like this that will tell you the mounting position and distances.

The Yakima and Rhino both come in three parts like this.

Comes with stickers to place inside the door frame and inside the pedestals to mark position.

The latches are covered in rubber.

Here is the install video looks fairly simple especially once you have the center points measured and marked.
Will post more tomorrow when I install it.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
why didnt you just get an suv or a forester? to me that picture is just wrong in every way.
I know why I'm going to get one of these racks and didn't get an SUV or Forester - hardly any have manual transmissions, but my Accord does.

I want to like to drive my car even when there aren't kayaks on the roof. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts

install was fairly easy and the fit is awesome! If anyone has questions let me know! My onl complain so far is the noise is so bad I can’t open mg sunroof🤷‍♂️ View attachment 6651 View attachment 6652 View attachment 6653
Invest in the windshield fairing from Yakima or Thule. It reduces the noise quiet a bit.

I had the Thule roof rack on my STI and ran the yakima windshield fairing and had no whistling noise with that setup.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Invest in the windshield fairing from Yakima or Thule. It reduces the noise quiet a bit.

I had the Thule roof rack on my STI and ran the yakima windshield fairing and had no whistling noise with that setup.
Whistling isn't that bad with windows closed. With the box attached seems to disappear. I'll know more when I take a trip with it soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My only complain so far is the noise is so bad I can’t open mg sunroof🤷‍♂️
Question for you. I have a Thule aero bar setup installed on my Mazda. The Mazda has hard points in the gutters for attaching the mounts to vs. the clip towers the Accord needs. But that means one of the bar mounts sits where the roof curves, and one bar isn’t perfectly level to the ground when viewed from the side….. like this “c>“ instead it’s canted down a couple of degrees. It’s not enough to effect the bar holding anything, or even cause an issue with a bike tray connecting into the slots on both bars. But because of that if I don’t have the rubber strip installed in the T-track the air flow hits the back edge of the slot and whistles.

So the question is do you have the rubber strip in the T-slot? If not are the bars perfectly level to the ground?

With the roof rack by itself there’s certainly more wind noise, but not enough to be a bother at all. If the strip isn’t in the front bar it makes a notable noise. If I have a roof box, or a bike mounted in a tray there’s noise of course.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Question for you. I have a Thule aero bar setup installed on my Mazda. The Mazda has hard points in the gutters for attaching the mounts to vs. the clip towers the Accord needs. But that means one of the bar mounts sits where the roof curves, and one bar isn’t perfectly level to the ground when viewed from the side….. like this “c>“ instead it’s canted down a couple of degrees. It’s not enough to effect the bar holding anything, or even cause an issue with a bike tray connecting into the slots on both bars. But because of that if I don’t have the rubber strip installed in the T-track the air flow hits the back edge of the slot and whistles.

So the question is do you have the rubber strip in the T-slot? If not are the bars perfectly level to the ground?

With the roof rack by itself there’s certainly more wind noise, but not enough to be a bother at all. If the strip isn’t in the front bar it makes a notable noise. If I have a roof box, or a bike mounted in a tray there’s noise of course.
My rhino racks aren't perfectly level either but the box mounts perfectly. According to the rhino instructions rubber strips are a must to stop the whistling. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just did 1k mile trip. The box, in my case, got rid of the whistle and made it more of a rushing wind noise, much more tolerable. From speeds about 60 to 80 mph it's somewhat noticeable but not intrusive, especially with the story on even at low levels. It's nice to have everything off my roof now and no excess noise. The box was immensely handy though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.