This is a how to on installing the optional grille for our accords. Took me about 30-45 minutes, so I’d imagine on the ground about an 1-1.5 hours. Your times may vary based off beer consumption. I would suggest only doing this is its over 40 degrees outside, bellow that plastic is really brittel and likes to brake easily.
What you’ll need
Clip removal tool
Pocket screw driver
Plastic flat faced/curved face trim tool
#2 Philips head screw driver
Silicone Spray (not required but highly recommended)
1) First, we need to remove the 6 plastic pop clips, 3 on each side above the headlight.
2) Next, need to remove the 6 clips from the top of the bumper cover.
3) Now head to the wheel well. Remover 6 screws, three per side. 1 bumper to fender, and 2 fender liner to bumper.
4) Now head under the car, Remove the 2 clips bumper to fender liner. After that remove all the clips attaching the bumper to the body. All of them are in the low spots.
5) Its easier to remove the next two clips attaching the fender liner. Once you have these two out pull the fender line down. This gives you access to the fog lights, you can unplug them from the body.
6) Here is where you’ll want to use the silicon spray. Spray along under the headlight to the edge of the bumper. It will help the bumper release from the retention tabs.
7) Give the bumper a pull as show bellow; the fender tabswill pop loose giving you a gap.
8) To release the other bumper clips, use a trim tool to push up on the tabs. The bumper should pop free pretty easy. I ended up reaching my arm inside the bumper to give an extra push to help pop the bumper free from the clips.
9) Now just pull the bumper off and set it somewhere clean.
10) This was the most annoying part of the job. The grille is held on by 20 tabs. 15 on the top and 5 on the bottom. A picture a little further down I marked all the spots with a yellow grease marker. To release these, you just use a pocket screw driver, and pry up or down depending on which tab your messing with. Pick on side and move across, push the grille out as you pop the tabs or else, you’ll be doing it again. Once your all apart just take the grille out.
11) Now assemble your new grille, push the two pieces together, and then install the 5 screws securing both pieces together.
12) Now it’s time to install the grille to the bumper, use a little silicon spray on the tabs and push it all together.
13) Install the bumper in reverse order use silicon spray to help with all the tabs. And you’re done.