2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a new intake on my 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 and would appreciate some advice. I’m a newbie to this; not looking to run on a track or anything, would just like the increase in performance and maybe a little more turbo sound. The research/advice thus far has suggested either the Takeda Momentum or PRL Stage 2 (the Mishimoto was on the list until I was advised to stay away from open systems to avoid heat soak). To my uneducated eye, the primary difference seems to be that one can get a dry filter for the Takeda, whereas PRL only uses oiled filters. I must admit I’m not crazy about the challenges/time involved with cleaning/re-oiling a filter, i.e., if you use too much oil you can screw up your sensors, but I suppose I could just spend a little extra money and buy replacement oiled filters. I know the PRL Stage 2 is not available yet, but I’m sure some of you are familiar with PRL products and perhaps their Stage 1 intake - so hopefully indicative of what to expect from the Stage 2. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

BTW, I already posted this on the Drive Accord forum, so apologies if I’m “double dipping”; while there may be some overlap, I thought there might be different people hanging out here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would like to install a new intake on my 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 and would appreciate some advice. I’m a newbie to this; not looking to run on a track or anything, would just like the increase in performance and maybe a little more turbo sound. The research/advice thus far has suggested either the Takeda Momentum or PRL Stage 2 (the Mishimoto was on the list until I was advised to stay away from open systems to avoid heat soak). To my uneducated eye, the primary difference seems to be that one can get a dry filter for the Takeda, whereas PRL only uses oiled filters. I must admit I’m not crazy about the challenges/time involved with cleaning/re-oiling a filter, i.e., if you use too much oil you can screw up your sensors, but I suppose I could just spend a little extra money and buy replacement oiled filters. I know the PRL Stage 2 is not available yet, but I’m sure some of you are familiar with PRL products and perhaps their Stage 1 intake - so hopefully indicative of what to expect from the Stage 2. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

BTW, I already posted this on the Drive Accord forum, so apologies if I’m “double dipping”; while there may be some overlap, I thought there might be different people hanging out here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts