2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first turbo car so I'm not sure if I'm describing this correctly. But dead center of the intercooler is that small box that looks like a sensor. I bought my 2020 1.5T yesterday slightly used but notice today it just didn't look right. So I pulled up pictures and it seems like there was a cap that goes over it to cover the screw/bolts and all. Where can I buy a replacement and what is it actually called?

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Sounds like you're talking about the front distance sensor for the HondaSensing safety features. You're going to have to call a local Honda dealer and see if they sell just that cover you're looking for or if its a completely new sensor. Do you have a pic of what you're looking at? What I'm talking about is dead center if you're looking at the car from the front, theres a hole in the lower grill around it.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Be careful messing with that sensor. It's part of your Honda sensing. It can cause a bunch of Christmas lights on your dash if you move it at all. So when working on it be gentle.

Reactions: Mr.2.g0

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Like @Hondafan777 said it is real sensitive. If it gets moved around too much they have to be recalibrated. Its a pretty involved process to recalibrate that stuff. I was working in autobody when all this ADAS stuff started to become extremely common and we would have to wait days for stuff to get calibrated correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it's the piece you guys are talking about, I don't want to mess with it but it just doesn't look clean without that cap/cover and that's all I want because right now you can see the screwed that mount it to the bracket without the cap/cover. Camera is busted on cell until I get a new one, go figure when I get this beautiful can't even take pics. Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
I didn't see this post, most of scroll to fast, THANK YOU yes this is the piece
You're welcome. Looks like it just snaps on and if that's the case shouldn't be an issue of getting the radar out of alignment. When I wash/detail my car I make sure I wash the radar and it's real secure so if that cover just snaps on I don't think getting it out of alignment will be a concern. Also since your car is a '20 MY you should check w/your dealer to see if it could be covered under warranty to replace it. Under normal operating conditions it shouldn't have fallen off unless it was defective from start IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.