2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the Honda website it doesn't. I don't feel like crawling under there. None of the manufacturers of the aftermarket bars specifically state their product fits.

·
Registered
119 Posts
According to the Honda website it doesn't. I don't feel like crawling under there. None of the manufacturers of the aftermarket bars specifically state their product fits.
Which Honda website are you referring to? The hybrid models do have stabilizer bars and end links.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If you change the options to the other models it states the actual size of the bars. Also eibach does not list a bar for the hybrid. But everything I have been reading says the bar fits both Accord and current Civics as they share some rear suspension components. Progress says fits all models. I like the Ultra Racing one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
View attachment 4152 View attachment 4153

If you change the options to the other models it states the actual size of the bars. Also eibach does not list a bar for the hybrid. But everything I have been reading says the bar fits both Accord and current Civics as they share some rear suspension components. Progress says fits all models. I like the Ultra Racing one.
I will look at the hybrid tomorrow while we have one on the rack and confirm. I’ll also mic it to see how thick it is.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You sir ar awesome!
Response from Ultra Racing on if the bar fits:
"This may not clear the mid part of the charging motor. Looking at images online, it may hit or rub."
Response from Progress on if their bar fits:
"We have not done an install on a hybrid model. The batteries on the hybrid model have a tendency to hang down into the space where the sway bar is sometime changing the configuration.

Can you take a few pictures of the rear sway bar and subsequent mounting points."

Shame too because I really like the Ultra bar, but they obviously could care less about the business.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry already gone for the day. I ended up having to grab a brand new hybrid to get the specs since one didn’t come in for service today. Honestly it mounts the exact same as my 2.0. The bars mount on the front subframe and rear cross member. I’m not sure what he meant about hybrid batteries dropping down and interfere with suspension. The batteries for the hybrid are under the rear seat cushion. And previous models were behind the seat back. No where near the suspension.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really appreciate it. They actually just responded again:
"
As far as under the vehicle, I would say No.

Your Hybrid cells are near the trunk making it different then the standard Accords

Best Regards,

Jesse"
As you said it's identical to the others. And I knew from reading the specs and everything the battery was under the rear seat. It's their loss. I really don't want to do anything to this vehicle because I'm enjoying the softer ride coming from my previous few vehicles and the amount I drive now. But I have noticed a little bit of front end getting loose from the body roll on the freeway sometimes. Plus I hate understeer(although not really an issue since I really don't push this car). I was liking their bar because it's smaller than progress and the ctr bar but solid. If it is still too loose figured I could add their strut tower brace and call it a day. The larger diameter Progress may just do exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Next time I have another one up in the air, I’ll laser measure the bar mount points to see if it’s the exact same as a normal accord. Hopefully we can figure out that it will actually fit. If there’s anything else ya need feel free to hit me up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hope this helps. Did a parts cross and for the accord 2.0, the front stabilizer bar is the same from 2018-2020 on all 2.0 accord trims and hybrids.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! I took some picks and sent them to Progress. You can see the part number on the rear ends in 12. Googled it and shows same stabilizer for rear as the other models. Haven't heard back from progress yet but I don't believe there to be an issue.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Progress said it should fit. They also informed me they have a 20mm bar! Going to go with the smaller one in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. After sending PRL pics and their great service I will be getting one of their smaller diameter bars. I would have done it already but someone backed into my car then the world ended.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Hybrid
22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts