2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just got a new 2019 honda accord sport and I notice that the gloss back plastic for the P,R,N,D is easily scratch-able. There was something on it and I wipe it with my long sleeve and it seem to had created micro scratches on the plastic. Anyone has that problem? I think there is product to fix it, but i do not know what. Also is there any film or protection that I can buy to just put on top to have it not easily scratched? I know there is actually a glass protection for the touch screen infotainment system as well... Recommendation on product to fix scratches and to protect?

TLDR: Easily able to create micro scratches on the P,R,N,D. Need recommendation of fixing the scratches and protecting it. Also will like recommendation on protection the Infotainment touchscreen.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Haven't heard of this issue before and I haven't experienced it. You may want to look at/try products from Novus. I have used their products on motorcycle windshields for light scratches and cleaning.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi everyone, I just got a new 2019 honda accord sport and I notice that the gloss back plastic for the P,R,N,D is easily scratch-able. There was something on it and I wipe it with my long sleeve and it seem to had created micro scratches on the plastic. Anyone has that problem? I think there is product to fix it, but i do not know what. Also is there any film or protection that I can buy to just put on top to have it not easily scratched? I know there is actually a glass protection for the touch screen infotainment system as well... Recommendation on product to fix scratches and to protect?

TLDR: Easily able to create micro scratches on the P,R,N,D. Need recommendation of fixing the scratches and protecting it. Also will like recommendation on protection the Infotainment touchscreen.
I have the same issue on ours. It does scratch very easily.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m in a MT and I don’t have the piece but the silver colored trim I notice has some chips in it. They don’t made cars like they used to anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts