2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. I own a 2019 1.5t CVT. I recently had a battery go bad, at least that what I thought. I replaced the battery and then all sorts of warnings came on. Brake,lka,lane departure, charging system problem and power steering. I thought they would clear after a few miles of driving but no luck. I’ve had the codes read and cleared by a local shop but the lights come back on. Even tried to reset by touching the negative and positive together for 30 secs. Still nothing it doesn’t let me put it in sport mode or eco mode which sucks because I have ktuner being delivered this week. Anybody have any ideas, the last thing I can think of is maybe the battery sensor went bad. Anyone have any similar experiences and have a possible fix. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update I checked all the fuses under the hood. 2 were blown. Horn and battery sensor. I replaced both. I reset the ecu again by touching negative and positive again. Some of the lights cleared. I no longer have the srs or charging problem warnings are gone. Still showing on startup is acc,lkas, lane departure, and collision mitigation. The power steering light doesn’t turn on with the car but as soon as I turn the wheel a bit it turns back on.

·
Administrator
2,795 Posts
The fact that you've found blown fuses would make me think your issues go further than just a battery going bad/being replaced. Were there any issues or anything noticed (electrically) prior to battery going bad/being replaced?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No issues at all, but the shop figured out the fix. Just didn’t figure out the why. Apparently after going through both fuse boxes they found 5 other blown fuses. Totally unrelated, at least I would think so but you never know. After replacing those he was able to clear the codes everything is back to normal. What I forgot to mention on the original post which now i think is important to note. I accidentally pulled the wires out from the back of the battery sensor. I was able to fix it but that could’ve been the cause for the short.

·
Administrator
2,795 Posts
What I forgot to mention on the original post which now i think is important to note. I accidentally pulled the wires out from the back of the battery sensor. I was able to fix it but that could’ve been the cause for the short.
That may well have been the cause of the blown fuses resulting in all the warnings. Glad you got it resolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts