2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. I own a 2019 1.5t CVT. I recently had a battery go bad, at least that what I thought. I replaced the battery and then all sorts of warnings came on. Brake,lka,lane departure, charging system problem and power steering. I thought they would clear after a few miles of driving but no luck. I’ve had the codes read and cleared by a local shop but the lights come back on. Even tried to reset by touching the negative and positive together for 30 secs. Still nothing it doesn’t let me put it in sport mode or eco mode which sucks because I have ktuner being delivered this week. Anybody have any ideas, the last thing I can think of is maybe the battery sensor went bad. Anyone have any similar experiences and have a possible fix. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update I checked all the fuses under the hood. 2 were blown. Horn and battery sensor. I replaced both. I reset the ecu again by touching negative and positive again. Some of the lights cleared. I no longer have the srs or charging problem warnings are gone. Still showing on startup is acc,lkas, lane departure, and collision mitigation. The power steering light doesn’t turn on with the car but as soon as I turn the wheel a bit it turns back on.

· Administrator
2,866 Posts
The fact that you've found blown fuses would make me think your issues go further than just a battery going bad/being replaced. Were there any issues or anything noticed (electrically) prior to battery going bad/being replaced?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No issues at all, but the shop figured out the fix. Just didn’t figure out the why. Apparently after going through both fuse boxes they found 5 other blown fuses. Totally unrelated, at least I would think so but you never know. After replacing those he was able to clear the codes everything is back to normal. What I forgot to mention on the original post which now i think is important to note. I accidentally pulled the wires out from the back of the battery sensor. I was able to fix it but that could’ve been the cause for the short.

· Administrator
2,866 Posts
What I forgot to mention on the original post which now i think is important to note. I accidentally pulled the wires out from the back of the battery sensor. I was able to fix it but that could’ve been the cause for the short.
That may well have been the cause of the blown fuses resulting in all the warnings. Glad you got it resolved.

· Registered
2 Posts
No issues at all, but the shop figured out the fix. Just didn’t figure out the why. Apparently after going through both fuse boxes they found 5 other blown fuses. Totally unrelated, at least I would think so but you never know. After replacing those he was able to clear the codes everything is back to normal. What I forgot to mention on the original post which now i think is important to note. I accidentally pulled the wires out from the back of the battery sensor. I was able to fix it but that could’ve been the cause for the short.
Hey man will you text me im having same problem i spliced the 3 wires on neg battery terminal. All dash lights stuck on my tranny shifts weird it runs perfect says charging system problem but battery voltage 14.40 running alt isnt over charging either and the car has blinking d locks itsself in park after the car computer registers you have 5 sec window to shift it into neutral b4 it locks in park honda said im loosing power from those 3 wires i call bs i replaced battery and it drove better more power it never leaves me stranded i think honda needs to reprogram i couldent even plug scan tool in my car it wouldent read i blew battery sensor fuse ,blew the radio fuse & horn fuse to. its weird theres extra fuse slots i put fuses in em and they got power to them idk if i blew relays, my ac dont get cold if its 78-80 degrees out but it gets cold when its cold out radio works none of my collition mitigation or lane departure warning is orange like snow covering sensor i replaced all low profile fuses battery tried clearing it by letting neg and positive touch for 30 mins it dident work i just replaced fuses and idk if it will let me read the obd2 now so i can clear codes so they can stay away any ideas what to do or what it could be 2018 honda accord lx 1.5t odometer stoped h/c not working rpms dont work or speedometer dont work either do u think i need neg battery terminal sensor reprogram it at honda and they said they dont know whats wrong and wont cover it its at 61k text me call me 603-560-7880 lmk anything ive been tring to fix it for almost 8 months my fuel gauge is only thing that works on cluster but i star car and the needles for rpm and speed they sweep 0-160 and tac goes 0-8k so idk why the computer is telling em not to work from a charging system prob i cant clear codes id like to fugure out how to fix this ik its something stupid i prob missed

· Registered
2 Posts
My horn w
Hey man will you text me im having same problem i spliced the 3 wires on neg battery terminal. All dash lights stuck on my tranny shifts weird it runs perfect says charging system problem but battery voltage 14.40 running alt isnt over charging either and the car has blinking d locks itsself in park after the car computer registers you have 5 sec window to shift it into neutral b4 it locks in park honda said im loosing power from those 3 wires i call bs i replaced battery and it drove better more power it never leaves me stranded i think honda needs to reprogram i couldent even plug scan tool in my car it wouldent read i blew battery sensor fuse the 7.5 and i blew the radio fuse and
Hey man will you text me im having same problem i spliced the 3 wires on neg battery terminal. All dash lights stuck on my tranny shifts weird it runs perfect says charging system problem but battery voltage 14.40 running alt isnt over charging either and the car has blinking d locks itsself in park after the car computer registers you have 5 sec window to shift it into neutral b4 it locks in park honda said im loosing power from those 3 wires i call bs i replaced battery and it drove better more power it never leaves me stranded i think honda needs to reprogram i couldent even plug scan tool in my car it wouldent read i blew battery sensor fuse the 7.5 and i blew the radio fuse and my horn fuse went to its weird theres extra fuse slots i put fuses in em and they got power to that fuse idk if i blew relays but my ac dont get cold if its 78-80 degrees out but it gets cold when its cold out radio works none of my collition mitigation or lane departure warning is orange like snow covering sensor i replaced all low profile fuses battery tried clearing it by letting neg and positive touch for 30 mins it dident work i just replaced fuses and idk if it will let me read the obd2 now so i can clear codes so they can stay away any ideas what to do or what it could be 2018 honda accord lx 1.5t odometer stoped h/c not working rpms dont work or speedometer dont work either do u think i need neg battery terminal sensor reprogram it at honda and they said they dont know whats wrong and wont cover it its at 61k text me call me 603-560-7880 lmk anything ive been tring to fix it for almost 8 months, its weird theres extra fuse slots i put fuses in em and they got power to that fuse but cover says nothin goes there. idk if i blew relays but my ac dont get cold if its 78-80 degrees out. but it gets cold when its cold out heat works radio works none of my collition mitigation or lane departure warning is orange like snow covering sensor i replaced all low profile fuses battery tried clearing it by letting neg and positive touch for 30 mins it dident work i just replaced fuses and idk if it will let me read the obd2 now so i can clear codes so they can stay away any ideas what to do or what it could be 2018 honda accord lx 1.5t odometer stoped h/c not working rpms dont work or speedometer dont work either do u think i need neg battery terminal sensor reprogram it at honda and they said they dont know whats wrong and wont cover it its at 61k text me call me 603-560-7880 lmk anything ive been tring to fix it for almost 8 months honda doesnt know how to fix it i know more than them bc the car was fine untill i replace battery. All the light would go off b4 if i unplugged batt all the lights came on but id be able to drive a mile and shut it off turn it on and codes would be gone but that dont work either and i cant plug obd2 in bc it dident connect to my car hondas laptop couldent either idk if i need new pcm or ecu or negative battery sensor or a bad ground somewhere
My gas gauge works to not very accurate as b4
I should be able to sew honda a odometer should never stop working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts