2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the JB4 back in October right after I bought my 2021 Accord 2.0T Touring. Being my first new car ever, (wifey gets the new ones) I kind of wanted to keep the warranty somewhat intact. The JB4+ wifi was an easy install and the power increase was evident. Map 5 E30 is the real deal. Then temptation set in and I bought a KTuner used for $350. Getting rid of 126 mph governor was awesome! Then Dan Villa (YouTube) who turned me on to JB4 started showing KTuner Stage 2 and then Stage 3 videos. I HATE YOU DAN VILLA! Not really! Got love for ya brother! I got a great deal on a PRL HVI and the insanity starts. UPS is delivering Upper/lower mounts and the performance addiction rears its beautiful head! This is my daily driver that I will put 25-30k on per year. I have a 1987 Buick Grand National (3.8 Turbo) 470rwhp/540rwtq (11.18 @122) and a 1980 Z28 420rwhp/ 410rwtq in my garage! I'm semi old school, but needed milage since I drive 133 miles on way to work, twice/ week. The Accord fit the bill perfectly! I contacted Terry Burger @ BMS about stacking the JB4 on top of the Phearable Stage 3. I sent him logs of the Stage 3 and he looked at the logs and we started playing! We moved to Map 1 with E30 and the logs looked great! I run 11 gallons 93 & 4 gallons of E85 for a E30 mix. Car is .33 seconds quicker from 60-100 mph! Probably 20 hp more. I have no traction below 35 mph! Car pulls hard! That's 3 cars in quarter mile! JB4 is the real deal in performance. Check out Five Star Tuning on new Ford Bronco. JB4 maps added lots of power/torque! Terry @Burger Performance is awesome and responds quickly!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The JB4 Map stacks on top of base ecu tune which is the Phearable stage 3. The JB4 is a piggyback, which adds to whatever is programmed into the car's ecu (Stock, KTuner Stage1,2 or Phearable Stage 3, Etc.) I have the various data logs, pulls, and have sent them to Terry @Burger Performance. I don't think you are correct in your assumption on how this works.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The JB4 Map stacks on top of base ecu tune which is the Phearable stage 3. The JB4 is a piggyback, which adds to whatever is programmed into the car's ecu (Stock, KTuner Stage1,2 or Phearable Stage 3, Etc.) I have the various data logs, pulls, and have sent them to Terry @Burger Performance. I don't think you are correct in your assumption on how this works.
I'm not assuming anything. I've been doing this for 20 plus years. I know exactly how these things work. Tunes don't "stack". Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using the JB4 to fine tune the flash map, adding around 2psi more boost, and slightly reducing timing advance. I've been monitoring my tuning data and can see the knock count is staying at 0.49 and that Dragy is showing significant power being added. The nice thing about the JB4 is I can make these changes dynamically on the fly based on my
E85 mixture and how aggressively I feel like running that day.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Running 26.5 PSI peak boost to a the tiny Turbo is going to be a problem. Just run Phearable Stage 4 E30 blend.

Talk to Derrick or John on tuning these platforms if you want custom tuner. Both devices regardless are tuning devices.

Reactions: Vegashybrid

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also all the stuff your doing can be done on KTuner alone There is no need for the JB4.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would take that JB4 off right away, if you need some insight to tuning this platform or Honda's in general reach out the the 2 I recommended.
Most run KTuner and some Hondata on Hondas. JB4 is old school and not needed since we can unlock our ECU's. You are adding another device and more complication than needed.

JB4's just try to trick the ECU by manipulating sensors. Read below and you will see why they arent popular.

Reactions: Vegashybrid
1 - 8 of 8 Posts