2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Basically for all upgrades but in particular I want the turbo maybe from the type r
Probably would not recommend since you have the 1.5T and not the 2.0T, would stick to cosmetics or maybe an exhaust or Inter cooler at most
Doubt the type R turbo would work on the 1.5 since it's for a 2.0 motor to start with. Also agree with what @Gerard0em posted... any power upgrades you consider/make will be limited to the ability of your drivetrain (specifically the CVT).

·
Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,055 Posts
One Off a stock 2.0 Turbo would be Plenty .. I Believe there are a Few Adopting Kits , that Allow these to Parts to Make It all Happen ..
Turbo's for R use to be $400 in Beginning then all 2.0 Guy wanted to go that way , Now those are $800 or more ..
Good Clean Used Turbo from someone Up Grading Their 2.0T would be $500.

Not Knowing How Advanced You are in Doing Your Own Work or Mods , I'd have to say Show Us what ya Got !

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm new here and 1st right off the back, can the 1.5T turbo be upgraded?
Enjoy the car. But watch out for the All windows down. It happened to me during worst rain storm of the year.. I did find that if you turn off Auto engine start it disables the all windows down feature. New 2022 model can turn off remote widows down in head unit settings. Be very gentile with your remote during bad weather, or hi crime areas. Otherwise it is a great car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My car is the 6spd manual. I love the car but I have to take it the dealership already. For some reason everything I put it in reverse it seams like the clutch isn't fully engage and it sounds as if I'm stripping the gear

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about a turbo. Get your hands on a Ktuner and do one of their off the shelf tunes it comes with. That with a few bolt ons and you’ll have plenty of fun for a smooth daily driver. That’s all I did with the 1.5 in my si before moving up to a 2.0t accord. If you do decide to look into turbo upgrades there are a couple drop it upgrades for the si. I know the intake set ups are different from the civic to accord but that’s closer to your baseline over trying to grab one for a 2.0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts