2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up this all in one JL sub and amp(ACP112LG-TW1) It sounds great and keeps your trunk neat and clean. I made a video on how I installed it as well as a short sound demo. It's a great option for this car in my opinion. Here's a link if your interested in checking it out

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
19 Posts
looks good... I recently got my 19' Accord Hybrid Touring. This is exactly what I would like to do in regards to adding sound, just a sub and amp for an extra kick... my concern is that it's a hybrid so I don't want to mess anything up... do you think adding something like this will be safe?...

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think the PSU 300 is great if you can find one open box because it amplifies the entire system. if your going to change out the other speakers, it's very easy plug and play solution. The included harness let's you easily wire in a dsp as well, which I'm about to do soon to complete the system. The other option is something like a d class amp, I like the Kicker key because it has a built in dsp, and a sub. I'm no stereo expert by far, way better with wrenches, but again most of this I learned from the forums. I added what I found about the hybrid as well in my posts. Cheers

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good... I recently got my 19' Accord Hybrid Touring. This is exactly what I would like to do in regards to adding sound, just a sub and amp for an extra kick... my concern is that it's a hybrid so I don't want to mess anything up... do you think adding something like this will be safe?...
View attachment 5724
I would think it should be fine its only a 400w setup nothing too draining on the electrical system. Even when I make it loud I dont have any lights dimming.

·
Registered
969 Posts
If you just do a sub I would def add a dsp. It should make a world of difference. Also since you have the Touring, you are already pulling 450w from the premium sound system (I didnt realize that before so PSU is out). I believe that power is about max recommended for the hybrid (im at 460w total with the Alpine). You may want to look at replacing the rear factory sub in the deck and using a dsp with the factory amps. Something like the Kicker 47Keyloc with a sub would cost around $250-$300 for components and you have your trunk space still. All depends on how much you want it to spend/sound/look/hit, ect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.