2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just want to give a big thanks to boosted performance out in Long Island for installing all my mods for me . They hade a hard time taking 1 of the bolts out of the turbo but other than that everything went well. Car sounds amazing , intake is super loud and sounds like I installed a after market blow off vaulve. Went with a the stage 2 tune and changed the throttle response and boost response huge difference. Hade no lights come on the first day now on day 2 after driving a few miles my check engine light came on so need to see what’s going on with that . Here is a sound clip

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade Dino! I don't see the video.. can you also post pictures of the intake? any thoughts on suspension upgrades like the rear sway bar?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having a hard time posting a Viedo , I’m new to this forum , I click the paper clip up top but only gives me option to upload pictures ? Cost Injen intake -250 . Prl catless down pipe -400 . Ktuner v1 450 charged me $400 to install and up load satge 2 tune

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice setup! I am glad everything worked out for you. The CEL is most likely because of the o2 sensor being relocated. It is fine. I believe there is an option to remove it on the KTuner, I would consult with them because I don't have one with the experience unless someone can chip in. Only Hondata. But I had a CEL when installed the PRL downpipe as well. Took it to my tuner and there was a check box to remove the o2 CEL code.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Would love to see/hear the new setup as well. Great price for what I'm sure its a night and day difference in performance. Easiest way for you to share it on the forum would probably be to throw the video up on youtube and hyperlink it into a post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks awesome, Dino! Sorry I missed your PM when you started the process - wasn't on the forum for awhile as I was working on my other car project (67 Mustang Restomod) for the past month or so. Looks like your set-up is awesome!

-- Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much louder is the catless dp? Is there any drone? I want to do a catted dp only cuz i dont really want to drone with the stock exhaust. Would i experience any power loss if i kept the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the cat less I put a Borla s type axle back to give it some added aggression to the sound. With the down pipe by it self not much added to it. A little louder from the engine but that’s about it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Good Smoke Man ~ on the Air Cleaner , did the Instructions say anything about the Two Resonators in the Air Box - Intake Area - I is attached to the Original Air Box
One is just in Front and Lower that one is for Inter-cooler Plumbing ~ God never seen so many Extra Boxes attached to do What ?

OK so ( Instructions ) Remove any of the Boxes or what ?

Those Boxes are all Plastic Injections Molds - which are Very Expensive to Manufacture , then the Parts also Cost Big Money on each Vehicle - Dam sure would have better to Rear Mount the Battery for

~ Entire $15.00 Bucks Honda ~

Couldn't Honda just Tune the Blow Off - By Pass so it sounds OK , what's up with 1 Cu. Sq. Ft of Volume - Back Surge Resonator Box = BS ? seems like that should have been Routed
back into Air Stream ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can’t really make out the prl downpipe with the heat shield on it
i have the PRL downpipe to question did you heat wrap it if not your going to end up heatsoking the turbo and with the stage 2 tune you really have to have the PRl inner cooler i ordered everything they had for my 2019 honda accord sport with the 2.0 and love it MAP and intake temp stay close to same temp as long as your moving and the inner cooler fits in stock location and the E85 conversion is well worth it but untill i get a new fuel pump and injectors i can only run about 45% ethanol anything over 50% get post detonation

1 - 16 of 16 Posts