2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All,

Current owner of a 2011 EX-L V6. Only 60k miles and running/looking like new! My Parents, however are the owners of a rusting Mazda MPV. As in the frame. So I'm donating the 2011 to them soon and am looking to pickup a new car. I've narrowed it down to two. An odd pair. The new Accord 2.0 Touring or the Genesis G70. Price isn't the factor here, but I keep coming back to the Accord. At 50yrs old I was contemplating something more "luxury sport". Genesis is offering some nice amenities. But reliability is uncertain. My 2011 has required tires, brakes and a battery in 8 years of ownership. I could easily own this another 15 years!

But as a co-worker said when riding me to lunch one day "Nice Nintendo graphics!". I want updated tech! :grin: The 10th gen Accord has everything I'm looking for.

That's my story. I've got a little time. But I like hanging out on forums, reading and occasionally contributing when I can.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good Day All,
<snip>
Genesis is offering some nice amenities. But reliability is uncertain. My 2011 has required tires, brakes and a battery in 8 years of ownership. I could easily own this another 15 years!
<snip>
If you're going to dump the car in a few years, it doesn't matter which one you get. Flip a coin and go for it.

If you're going to keep the car for 8+ years as before, get the Accord 2.0T Touring. Accords have proven to be reliable with low cost ownership that even you have already experienced. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Keyboard, I tend to agree. I do keep cars as long as possible. Motorcycles are another story. I still have my first bike (1988 Honda Hawk GT) purchased new in 1989. I've had others that I tend to sell about every 5+ years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts