2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dam sure the 2.0 Turbo - Inter-cool would work , You'd have to pick up the Connection Piping ( Just Off the Inter_Cooler ) Looks to be 4 Rows Taller . . Slight Larger Pipe .
Other Piping Not Needed , then simply Cut Hoses to Fit .. ( Plenty of Wrecked & Flooded Cars ) Being Parted Out ..

Also the Turbo from 2.0T could be used as Up Grade - Mod . ( Generally from a Wreak ) They Sell everything

Entire Cat , Turbo , Lines , Intake Track etc. all Oil Lines . . But the Turbo's can be had for separately - $500.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the 2.0T turbo is bigger? I assumed so but haven’t dug into specs and part numbers...I wonder if any aftermarket will make/release a sort of an upgrade kit

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2.0T Turbo should Swamp Over also just make sure You grab all the Goodies - like Intake Track , Oil Lines & Coolant Lines ( I'd Run the Normal Coolant Line ) see Picture NOT
the Smaller 8mm Line that for some Reason comes on 2.0T Accord ( see Picture ) Not on the 1.5T ?

( Might have to ) do a little Porting on Engine Exhaust to Match up Gasket - Not a Big Deal .. Even If You had to Weld in Stud and Re_Tap that Manifold going into Turbo .
Any Welding Shop would be able to do that ..$35.00 Bucks ( If Needed ) I don't see that Being even an Issue ..
2.0 Turbo has Better Machining into & Out Ports . More Turbine Blades , what looks to be wider more Aggressive Compressor Wheel .. I'd just Run Turbo

Blanket on 2.0 Turbo Installed on 1.5 Motor ..

Very Odd that 1.5T is having Warming Issues on Deep Cold & Short Runs 1.5T Owners Might want to take Look at that 8 mm Coolant Inlet Pipe
If You in Upper 48 States or Especially Canada ..

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts