2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone! So, I've got a 2018 Sport 2.0T which is 2 years and 3 months old. Of course, I've still got the OEM paper filter in my airbox. I am planning on purchasing the K&N air filter when i need replacement as an upgrade of course. I did the same modification on my 2014 Civic Si. If anyone here has done this as well, what are your thoughts/experiences regarding it? Do you notice any performance/MPG improvement at all? My car isn't tuned at all...it's all factory stock. I mean it's not very expensive, so either way, I do plan on buying one. lol. I'm just really curious if there's any performance improvements with the air filter. My current OEM paper filter is starting to get dirty. I've taken it out of my air box a few times, and tried cleaning it off to no avail though, unfortunately. Thanks very much for any suggestions or tips.. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
It will be a noticeable improvement from a DIRTY Oem filter to a New/Clean k&n filter....but new vs new, very minimal...negligible hp/tq difference. The K&N will flow more, but also allow more debris in...it is reusable, and “high performance”, but again- negligible performance difference on your stock Accord.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be a noticeable improvement from a DIRTY Oem filter to a New/Clean k&n filter....but new vs new, very minimal...negligible hp/tq difference. The K&N will flow more, but also allow more debris in...it is reusable, and “high performance”, but again- negligible performance difference on your stock Accord.
Got you. As far as sound goes, can you notice any improvement in sound with the turbo? I'm guessing not very much of a difference there at all. Thanks for your info.. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put a drop in K&N filter in mostly for the noise. It's not a new muffler or exhaust system, so don't expect anything super crazy. But it does have more "wooshes" and "tssss" for the turbo. I don't know if I noticed a MPG gain.

This is a pretty good video from Engineering Explained about the different types of drop in air filters. You'll see slight improvements, but nothing super noticeable.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put a drop in K&N filter in mostly for the noise. It's not a new muffler or exhaust system, so don't expect anything super crazy. But it does have more "wooshes" and "tssss" for the turbo. I don't know if I noticed a MPG gain.

This is a pretty good video from Engineering Explained about the different types of drop in air filters. You'll see slight improvements, but nothing super noticeable.
Hey thanks for quoting & linking Engineering Explained YouTube video! That's a great video to watch! Yeah, of course, I'm not expecting the air filter to be a brand new exhaust system at all. haha. However, if I do hear more "wooshes" and "tssss" from the turbo spooling up vs the stock air filter, 'm more than happy with those results! lol. That's the air filter that I'm going to buy once my OEM paper filter is too dirty to be functional anymore! Thanks again for the suggestions, and the advice! I really appreciate it! :cool::D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey there everyone! So, I've got a 2018 Sport 2.0T which is 2 years and 3 months old. Of course, I've still got the OEM paper filter in my airbox. I am planning on purchasing the K&N air filter when i need replacement as an upgrade of course. I did the same modification on my 2014 Civic Si. If anyone here has done this as well, what are your thoughts/experiences regarding it? Do you notice any performance/MPG improvement at all? My car isn't tuned at all...it's all factory stock. I mean it's not very expensive, so either way, I do plan on buying one. lol. I'm just really curious if there's any performance improvements with the air filter. My current OEM paper filter is starting to get dirty. I've taken it out of my air box a few times, and tried cleaning it off to no avail though, unfortunately. Thanks very much for any suggestions or tips.. I appreciate it!
I have the same year Sport, manual. I initially bought a 360 degree K and N filter and did not notice an improvement in performance. The sound of the engine was irritating so I returned it and bought a “drop in” K and N filter. I did not notice any performance as I have chipped my 2.0 for 2.5 years (20 to 60 HP increase). I have never Dyno’d it so don’t know exact increase?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same year Sport, manual. I initially bought a 360 degree K and N filter and did not notice an improvement in performance. The sound of the engine was irritating so I returned it and bought a “drop in” K and N filter. I did not notice any performance as I have chipped my 2.0 for 2.5 years (20 to 60 HP increase). I have never Dyno’d it so don’t know exact increase?
Ah, ok fair enough.. Thanks for sharing that with me! I mean even just for better airflow, slightly better engine sound, it'll be worth it to me. That's awesome. Wit the chip/tune, you can definitely tell a difference with your engine?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Ah, ok fair enough.. Thanks for sharing that with me! I mean even just for better airflow, slightly better engine sound, it'll be worth it to me. That's awesome. Wit the chip/tune, you can definitely tell a difference with your engine?
Big difference! I have both the K&N drop in and protune. It’s like night and day. Please check out my build at FBROCK1 on Youtube.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, 1 day ago I finally installed my K&N High Performance air filter. I've attached all of my pictures. This morning, I did my first test run while driving to the gym! I will say that I can definitely tell a slight hp/torque increase. The throttle/engine responsive is much better. I've got nothing else done to my engine as you cab tell in the pictures. I can really rev each gear
our more-so. and I don't find myself downshifting nearly as much so
far. So ar so good!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many miles on your car? Want to gauge how dirty the filter will get w/mileage.
Oh heck yeah absolutely. I have 37,700 miles on my Sport. I mean, the stock paper filter I'd say was moderately dirty. Not heavily dirty. However, of course I couldn't wait to upgrade it to the high flow high performance filter either! lol I do easily notice a difference in acceleration. I can rev each gear out harder and longer. It does sound a little bit better as well! All for $50.. Yupp, I'll definitely take that! :p

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Oh heck yeah absolutely. I have 37,700 miles on my Sport. I mean, the stock paper filter I'd say was moderately dirty. Not heavily dirty. However, of course I couldn't wait to upgrade it to the high flow high performance filter either! lol I do easily notice a difference in acceleration. I can rev each gear out harder and longer. It does sound a little bit better as well! All for $50.. Yupp, I'll definitely take that! :p
Thanks for the response... I have a K&N filter on my motorcycle (will probably go w/one in car when time comes to replace it [if not before 😁])... great products and the fact you can clean/reuse them makes it a no brainer. (y)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, definitely a no brainer! K&N high flow high performance air filter is the easiest cheapest bank for the boat you can buy! I had one from a 2014 Civic SI, and now for my sport! I'm not saying it's going to create loads and loads of additional torque and horsepower, but you definitely notice the punchiness come and the engine responsiveness. Especially since it's allowing the engine and the intake to suck in a lot more fresh cold air even in the summertime! It's a no-brainer. K&N is a great company to buy from and it's a wonderful product at 50 bucks! 😋😎👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.