2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting out of the car, I heard something clunk as it fell beside the seat. I thought maybe it was a Chapstick and got out. The car didn't beep to automatically lock and didn't lock when I touched the lock area on the handle. I reached for the fob I keep on a carabiner on my belt to push the lock button. It wasn't there, just the metal key. So I opened the door and found the fob on the floor in the little channel beside the seat. I have no idea what could have released it. It just hangs there on the carabiner along with a Surefire light about the same size and shape and the fob for our Acura, again similar size/shape.

Has anyone had their fob randomly come apart? How frequently? Any solution to how/why it's doing it?

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Getting out of the car, I heard something clunk as it fell beside the seat. I thought maybe it was a Chapstick and got out. The car didn't beep to automatically lock and didn't lock when I touched the lock area on the handle. I reached for the fob I keep on a carabiner on my belt to push the lock button. It wasn't there, just the metal key. So I opened the door and found the fob on the floor in the little channel beside the seat. I have no idea what could have released it. It just hangs there on the carabiner along with a Surefire light about the same size and shape and the fob for our Acura, again similar size/shape.

Has anyone had their fob randomly come apart? How frequently? Any solution to how/why it's doing it?
Haven't experienced that, however I keep my FOB in the case pictured below...

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
What do you mean by the fob came apart? Is the fob housing in pieces, broken, separated, cracked or what? Are you saying that the fob no longer stays attached to the metal key, or was this a one time occurrence?

If it's a one time occurrence, then it sounds as if something simply shifted the key release button on the back of your fob, and thereby, allowed the fob to slip off the metal key.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It fell off the metal key. Only the once, so far anyway. I don't see how something could have moved the key release with it on a carabiner on my belt, but I supposed Murphy and the aliens can do most anything when they decide to mischief.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.