2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a third fob for their 2018 or 2019 Accord. A locksmith here reprogrammed fobs for my Mazda, but I'm not sure if the Honda will accept more than 2 keys, or if used keys can be programmed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes. I added the key remote start hack and my car already had 2 key sets. If you get it programmed just take all the keys you have to make sure they’re all still programmed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the "remote start hack?" Can you get remote start just by adding a 5 button fob? Did you use a new fob or one that had already been programmed to a car?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I added a 3rd key fob (with remote start) to my 2018 Accord Sport, all fobs work just fine. Here is a few videos on YouTube that go over some of what's involved: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2018+accord+remote+start+hack

There is also a couple topics here on the forum about it. Basically you have to order a brand new key fob with remote start (some of the videos list the part number), it should be around $70-$80, and then have a dealer or locksmith program it to the car using HDS (or equivalent software).

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
Hi,
Other than at the dealer or locksmith, can I program new smart key fob any other way?
If the appropriate software is available and you have the knowledge to do it then yes you probably could do it. However I've not read of anyone having that software or the knowledge to complete the task and/or acquire the software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts