2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone, there is a choice between kia k5 1.6 turbo and honda accord 1.5, what can you advise? with the engine 1.5 chord rides worse? what can be said about the CVT reliable transmission?

frankly, I'm afraid of CVTs?

Has anyone had a Kia K5? What can be said better than Honda or worse?

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
всем привет, стоит выбор между киа к5 1.6 турбо и хонда аккорд 1.5, что можете посоветовать? с движком 1.5 аккорд хуже едет? что можно сказать о вариаторной надежной трансмиссии?
честно говоря, я боюсь вариаторов?
У кого-нибудь была Киа К5? что можно сказать лучше хонды или хуже?
Translation...
"hello everyone, there is a choice between kia k5 1.6 turbo and honda accord 1.5, what can you advise? Does the 1.5 chord run worse? what can be said about the CVT reliable transmission?
frankly, I'm afraid of CVTs?
Has anyone had a Kia K5? What can be said better than Honda or worse?"

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
@Yegor В будущем вы, возможно, захотите перевести свои сообщения на английский язык, чтобы их могло прочитать большинство участников.

·
Registered
5 Posts
See we own Honda according 1.5t cvt and drove kia 8 speed transmission.
If I can goes back I will pack Kia K5 for many reasons.

CVT behave like rubber belt, and when you stop while holding brake the RPM drop slightly which cause delay in launch it's like putting gear in N then move it to D.
There was an engine leaks in first 3 months which cover by warranty and there was body rust in roof and rear windshield in first week 😔.
The seat it's uncomfortable 😫 and cause a lot of pain in my back like sit on the ground 😱.

For kia k5 the 8speed transmission provides the best 👌 feedback in its class by smooth shifting and reducing the noise unlike CVT the experience with it was amazing 👏. No clucnk and hesitation while shifting smooth like butter.
The leather seat was comfy and supported for long journey without pain in my body. The road insulation was better than ACCORD by huge margins especially at 70mph.

My advice go with KIA K5

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interestingly the 10Speed has a delay does not have a delay when moving from a standstill or accelerating in normal mode. In sport mode the throttle is very responsive but like normal mode refuses to downshift for acceleration then when you go harder it goes into kickdown, it's not a joy to drive.

My wife's CX-9 responds instantly to throttle inputs and will downshift when needed without going into full kickdown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interestingly the 10Speed has a delay when moving from a standstill or accelerating in normal mode. In sport mode the throttle is very responsive but like normal mode refuses to downshift for acceleration then when you go harder it goes into kickdown, it's not a joy to drive.

My wife's CX-9 responds instantly to throttle inputs and will downshift when needed without going into full kickdown.
It's very weird that 10speed behave like CVT from standstill!
We also own Hyundai santa fe 2019 with 8 speed it's very responsive and quick shifting especially from standstill it's jump quickly from 0-30mph I enjoy driving it every time. 😀

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the 10 speed 2.0 and I have 0 issues with acceleration from a stand still in any mode. I also have 0 issues with my leather seats being uncomfortable. If you don't like your accords sell em and buy the Korean junk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts