2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed some stuff and was interested to see how the Hondata would gel. Currently running Stage 2 flash with PRl intake and downpipe, and HKS charge pipe. I am seeing above-average knock counts. So i decided to datalog to see what's what. My knock retard goes up to 80% at WOT. I'm unsure what the average values would be for this Accord. And all of my knocks were in cylinder 3.

Anyone digging into their data regarding knock counts?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Installed some stuff and was interested to see how the Hondata would gel. Currently running Stage 2 flash with PRl intake and downpipe, and HKS charge pipe. I am seeing above-average knock counts. So i decided to datalog to see what's what. My knock retard goes up to 8% at WOT. I'm unsure what the average values would be for this Accord. And all of my knocks were in cylinder 3.

Anyone digging into their data regarding knock counts?
My knock count was high with KTuner FBO until I got pro tuned. Also, are you running 91-93 oct fuel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My knock count was high with KTuner FBO until I got pro tuned. Also, are you running 91-93 oct fuel?
Always premium fuel, at least 91. I'll problby get customed tune once I swap out the turbo. Just trying to stay in safety ranges with current flash.

I'm also seeing my knock control goes from 50% at cruising to over 80% under WOT. That seems high from all the research I have done.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
80 Posts
Always premium fuel, at least 91. I'll problby get customed tune once I swap out the turbo. Just trying to stay in safety ranges with current flash.

I'm also seeing my knock control goes from 50% at cruising to over 80% under WOT. That seems high from all the research I have done.
You hit up your Hondata?

I've run 93 Octane since day 1 of ownership. Car was flashed on Hondata originally and switched to KTuner for reasons like others on here. My knock count though was always decent, not dangerous. Currently on Phearable Stage 3 with bolt on's with Quality 93 and still good to go.

Make sure you are getting quality gas, bad or average fuel seems to cause knock count up on Tuned Accords.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You hit up your Hondata?

I've run 93 Octane since day 1 of ownership. Car was flashed on Hondata originally and switched to KTuner for reasons like others on here. My knock count though was always decent, not dangerous. Currently on Phearable Stage 3 with bolt on's with Quality 93 and still good to go.

Make sure you are getting quality gas, bad or average fuel seems to cause knock count up on Tuned Accords.
I'm using an octane booster today to see if that helps. I think the premum gas I have is not as premium. Already purchased K-Tuner for reasons. I'l be flashing K-Tuner STage 2 today and seeing how the cra reacts to the gas. Hopefully the knock counts decrease to average levels. I did hear these engines are very sensitive to gas fluctuations or poor octane.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
80 Posts
I'm using an octane booster today to see if that helps. I think the premum gas I have is not as premium. Already purchased K-Tuner for reasons. I'l be flashing K-Tuner STage 2 today and seeing how the cra reacts to the gas. Hopefully the knock counts decrease to average levels. I did hear these engines are very sensitive to gas fluctuations or poor octane.
Top Quality Fuels in my area:

1) Shell 93
2) Mobil 93
3) Chevron 93
4) Costco 93
5) Sunaco 93 / 94 (at some locations)

Reactions: leo936pr

·
Registered
172 Posts
Following!

I'm in a similar situation, I have Hondata Stage2, HVI, IC and just installed the DP yesterday. I'm learning to use the Hondata app as well now.

What gauges do you all keep an eye on with the tuners? I haven't checked the knock numbers yet.

I found a local shop with a dyno that can work with Derek to do a remote tune as well so I may have to save up for that too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
From what I've heard, Arizona, California and Nevada had some bad quality gas. Most other states have cleaner gas.

In Canada we also have mostly bad gas except Petro Canada 94, Shell 93 and Shell 91.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had absolute ass 91 here in el paso texas unfortunately my knock r .80 up to .95 a couple of times at highway speeds on phearable stage3, i contacted them and they recommended me to put in 1 gallon of e85 and then fill up with 91 top detergent gasoline(Shell, Valero, chevron here) after that its now .48 and maniac driving and pulls it goes as high .65 .70 at the highest so far so good.

so basically i was a victim of garbage 91 gas on my accord unfortunately in my region

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just as TX Froze We MPG went in Crapper fell to 27 Mpg and I was Driving like Grandma ..
It was someone what Cold 27 degree to 40 F , now getting 32 Mpg this week 17th Driving Normal .

Betting 100 Donuts on Fuel was 13%-14% Ethanol . . , as many States are now reporting they also had some Frozen Wells & Pipe Lines ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts