2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post a review of my recent MPGs. So far my MPG has actually been better then the manufacturer's suggested MPG. Stage 2 has a higher boost setting more driveability features. I'm Blown Away with the results to be honest!!! The photo is my work commute with a lot of City driving with speed limits ranging from 25 miles per hour to 65 miles per hour..... I think the results were awesome!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Great to see that a tune isn't impacting the practicality of the Accord at all. That's some pretty great fuel economy considering this isn't even one of the more efficient trims.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah this platform is increasingly becoming quite the sleeper car, and I can understand now why Honda priced it a little aggressively in comparison to the new Camry. While this may look like a family sedan, it definitely doesn't drive like one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks goodness you don't need a Type R because I am twenty years to old to be driving in a car with such over the top styling! If the design of the Type R had been even a bit more subdued I would have seriously considered it in place of the Accord.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks goodness you don't need a Type R because I am twenty years to old to be driving in a car with such over the top styling! If the design of the Type R had been even a bit more subdued I would have seriously considered it in place of the Accord.
Tell me about it, i was more a fan of the Type R concept rear end, a cleaner look that could please a lot more of the market. Maybe its something Honda will do in the future.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are all the tunes being mentioned here flash tunes? Are there any piggyback tuning packages available for our cars? My understanding is that all flashtunes can be detected even after being removed from the ECU. There is a counter in the ECU that counts the software revisions. There are other suggesting that even piggyback tuning leaves fingerprints. I want to keep my warranty. Can’t imagine what that 10 speed trans would cost to replace. No matter how cooperative the dealer is they are not footing the bill for warranty work. Honda of America is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1.5t CVT here: just drove from TN to FL with Stage 2 Ktuner and RV6 Downpipe. I’m averaging 31 Mpg with a high of 38.6. Once the tank is almost empty, I’ll provide final numbers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are all the tunes being mentioned here flash tunes? Are there any piggyback tuning packages available for our cars? My understanding is that all flashtunes can be detected even after being removed from the ECU. There is a counter in the ECU that counts the software revisions. There are other suggesting that even piggyback tuning leaves fingerprints. I want to keep my warranty. Can’t imagine what that 10 speed trans would cost to replace. No matter how cooperative the dealer is they are not footing the bill for warranty work. Honda of America is.
How many times are people going to ask a question, this question, and then follow it up with a comment, with an "answer," to their question? I don't mean to be rude but dude, this has been posted and discussed on what seems like EVERY thread that involves KTuner, Hondata, etc. Furthermore, answers have been provided in multiple threads. In the amount of time you wrote your question, google could have given you an answer.

If you're concerned with warranty, leave your car stock.

If you're concerned with speed, power, etc, flash it.

If you have to go to the dealership for warranty work, flash it back to stock.

If you think there is a "counter" in the ECU, please provide evidence. Historical evidence has proven that Hondas do not maintain a counter.

I digress.

Great MPG improvement. Looking forward to flashing mine in the near future!

·
Registered
158 Posts
How many times are people going to ask a question, this question, and then follow it up with a comment, with an "answer," to their question? I don't mean to be rude but dude, this has been posted and discussed on what seems like EVERY thread that involves KTuner, Hondata, etc. Furthermore, answers have been provided in multiple threads. In the amount of time you wrote your question, google could have given you an answer.

If you think there is a "counter" in the ECU, please provide evidence. Historical evidence has proven that Hondas do not maintain a counter.

I digress.

Don’t know for certain, but I believe “dude” is a derogatory term. In nearly 80 years on the planet, you are the first to send me this salute. This being a form of social media, I guess I should expect to see this. Easy to be critical when not standing in front of your target. I have lots of experience with tuned VW GTI’s, a Mk5, Mk,6, and a Mk7, still in my garage alongside my Accord. Apparently VW started tracking tunes and using tune counters about two years ago. One of the tuners, APR, has started issuing their own Powertrain warranty because they were losing lots of business. There have been posts of one on the two ‘18 Accord forums indicating that Honda does, indeed use a tune counter that can’t be erased. I wrote my post a month ago hoping to get more definitive info. Guessing that 10 speed trans would be big bucks to replace. I suspect that if I were a Honda, excectutive, I would consider not honoring Powertrain warranties on modified vehicles if that was determined to be the cause of the failure. The lawyers Honda hires are much more powerful that the one I would hire.
Wouldn’t be surprised to hear Honda guys are surfing these forums as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I digress.

Don’t know for certain, but I believe “dude” is a derogatory term. In nearly 80 years on the planet, you are the first to send me this salute. This being a form of social media, I guess I should expect to see this. Easy to be critical when not standing in front of your target. I have lots of experience with tuned VW GTI’s, a Mk5, Mk,6, and a Mk7, still in my garage alongside my Accord. Apparently VW started tracking tunes and using tune counters about two years ago. One of the tuners, APR, has started issuing their own Powertrain warranty because they were losing lots of business. There have been posts of one on the two ‘18 Accord forums indicating that Honda does, indeed use a tune counter that can’t be erased. I wrote my post a month ago hoping to get more definitive info. Guessing that 10 speed trans would be big bucks to replace. I suspect that if I were a Honda, excectutive, I would consider not honoring Powertrain warranties on modified vehicles if that was determined to be the cause of the failure. The lawyers Honda hires are much more powerful that the one I would hire.
Wouldn’t be surprised to hear Honda guys are surfing these forums as well.
I concur. My "dude" reference was in no way negative. My apologies. 🤙🏻

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
I just wanted to post a review of my recent MPGs. So far my MPG has actually been better then the manufacturer's suggested MPG. Stage 2 has a higher boost setting more driveability features. I'm Blown Away with the results to be honest!!! The photo is my work commute with a lot of City driving with speed limits ranging from 25 miles per hour to 65 miles per hour..... I think the results were awesome!!!
What is the mpg with long division compared to the number shown by the optimismeter?

·
Registered
534 Posts
absolutely loving this car with ktuner
OK - I'm Calling You on this - I have to see more Full Tank Runs as it was still Learning Mode ?
Plus short Hop on Full Tank .. I'm going getting 30.1 Mpg average doing everyday Driving - haven't gone on Trip Yet ..
I did see 33.6 with Cool Morning & Cool Evenings , Thou .. the 30.1 Includes some Idling & 2 Medium Burst with the Sort Button .. :grin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts